A big part of my life is centered around creativity. In todays list you will find a few of the projects I have enjoyed. I believe that everyone is creative in some way or other. Maybe some of these ideas will spark your inspiration… I hope you will want to make something of your own, because I aim to inspire.
1. Doodle big on brown paper and colour it in with crayons or paint
2. Take an art journal class with me online and learn a few fun, new things
3. Sign up for the Sketchbook Project and spread your art into the world
4. Make a library pocket from recycled papers
5. Create a grid of pretty papers
6. Try adding digital texture to one of your own photos
7. Start a long-term project – said to increases happiness greatly
8. Take a photo of a bumble bee (or another small creature)
9. Watch an inspirational movie about someone that is creative
10. Cover a drawer with glitter because it makes your room sparkle
11. Create your own zine because everyone should try it at least once
12. Fill a paper with paint just for the fun of colour
13. Make a small booklet journal to write little notes in…
14. Look for special signs in your town, like pretzels (or something else that you find interesting) and bring your camera to document what you find
15. Write extensively about a favorite topic to investigate it further
16. Make a batch of postcards and mail them to your friends
17. Explore colour in a Sketchbook (I’m exploring pink because it is my favorite)
18. Smear ink with wabi-sabi intention
19. Paint decorative papers to use in your art or journal…
20. …then tear the papers into a quick collage
21. Keep a travel journal when you’re going some place, take notes
22. Get a workshop DVD that you can watch over and over and be inspired by
23. Have an Artist Date and fill your creative well
24. Make a pretty memory by assembling a years worth of photos into one book
25. List Projects You’ve finished in your life
26. Crochet a pretty little bowl
27. Roll your own fabric beads
28. Cut up a magazine and then recycle the remains
29. Spread paint with a old credit card and create a smooth surface…
30. …or scrape it hard to create texture and depth
31. Make an image transfer with matte medium
32. Ponder if you are introvert and then give your self creative time alone if you need it
33. Cook dinner and take photos of your accomplishments
34. Make your own colourful fabric by painting and writing on cloth
35. Buy yourself some washi tape and then put tape on everything
36. Create Evidence pages when you get new materials (like pretty tape)
37. Sew tiny stitches on a tiny surface
38. Use hues of ruby red on a journal page or maybe dress in that colour for work
39. Make your own Travel Journal for creative explorations on your next trip
40. Alter your Moleskine cover and make it your own
41. Tea dye fabrics and then brew some extra and have a cup while you wait
42. Write down quotes from books you are reading and save them in a notebook
43. Sign up for my newsletter to be reminded of next years postcard swap…
44. Download a free postcard backside that you can print and use
45. Make your own paper cloth using fabric and tissue paper and lots of glue
46. Tweet this Creativity List to your friends and spread the joy further
47. Become apart of the Creative Revolutionaries with Diane Trout and join her new flickr group
48. Meditate – just sit and breath for a while and free some space inside
49. Make your own list of things you want to create or try next year and post your link/comment below
I wish this was on your side bar permanently. I need to come back to it time and time again. Thanks.
Excellent list. Great way to start my week. Thank you :-)
Great list! Love it!
Fantastic post! Thank you!
What an awesome list. A perfect thing to have around when you get in those creatively stuck modes. Having on your sidebar is a great idea. I may just print and hang in my studio…
What an inspirational list! Thanks for your visit and for your kind words.
Fun, fun, fun. And thanks for commenting on my blog. :)
Hi Hanna–You are such an inspiration to me. A friend and I have started an art group…women in my area who need to make time for art…we call it RAW for “random art workshops”. Many of my friends are totally new to art journaling, and i have recommended your blog to them. You are so generous with your knowledge and sharing of your experiences. Plus I just LOVE the colors you use! I have just started a blog of my own…stop by to see some of your influence!
*LOVE* this post, hanna! I’m going to put a copy aside for one of those days when I need to be inspired!
Tack f?r supergoa ideer, beh?vde dem ;-)
Hanna – this is so awesome! I especially like securing creative time alone. Introverts unite! Alone, of course. ;)
50. Visit Hanna’s blog for some insanely fabulous inspiration!
Thanks for this gift
Thanks for all the stimulating ideas. I know I’ll refer to your list when I journal … need a new theme, etc. I’m rather bored with ATCs and stamping cards, so need to return to my artist journal and just have fun. I’ll be sure to return to your page again and again.
[…] There is many many fun things to explore in the world, creatively talking, and I have already experimented a lot as is evident here on my sweet blog. Still, there is a lot of things left that I haven’t even touched yet but long to try. Sylvia Plath was right, I am horrible limited! My lists runneth over with creative wild juicy ideas and want to get started with projects! Anyway. Here are a few of them, in a short but sweet list; […]
Thank you for looking at my blog, I’ve also linked this blog. I can’t wait to complete the list!
[…] 49 Creative Things You Can Do Today – iHanna’s Blog on Art, Craft and Creativity in Everyday Life […]
This is AMAZING!
Hanna – I stumbled upon this blog and I’m hooked on this post (as well as the one on being an entrepreneurial wannabe)! Your blog inspires the creative in me and it looks like I’m going to have to put some of these things on my 2014 bucket list. I may be linking back to your post when I’ve done some of this stuff!
being so so depressed , saw your blog and some color shines after the black
thank you so much!
Thank you! I’m glad that my blog post found you in your darkness. I hope you will keep creating, one stitch at a time, one color at a time. Creativity is a good medicine, it will not fix everything – but I think creativity helps us and is a light that should keep shining. :-)
Very inspirational list
i like your art and my name is hana 2 we are twinzees.