Art Journal Peek: Valentine Doodles

January doodle: love pink

Today is Art Journal Friday! I’m sharing a few unfinished or half finished spreads in my current art journal. All inspired by #valentinemonth in one way or the other. But of course these colours and images follow me through the months… The colour of Love is truly iHanna colours not only in February.

The bluebird, a symbol of happiness, is back once more:

Art Journaling 2013: Hello Sweetheart
Please little bird, sing to me! I really need to hear your tunes right now.

I’m mixing a bit of everything (except collage) on this page! Watercolours, acrylics, pens, crayons, ink… Will continue to doodle and write too. And here’s a mandala, very heart inspired:

Art Journaling: Mandala Love
Mandala Love! Love the Mandala idea!

Art Journaling 2013
And another heart with lettering inside.

I wish you some doodle time/creative play time too! In fact, I’m sending you that time right now. Keep it safe until you can use it, but don’t wait more than two days or it will evaporate. Try using some of it today, I think you will find it time well spent.

XOXO
/iHanna

PS: Some of my textile art, pink sweetheart, valentine amore and fluffy warm heart, is available in the shop. I will include a handmade collaged bookmark when they ship!

This entry was posted in A Creative Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Art Journal Peek: Valentine Doodles

1. tina says:

Loved seeing your pages Hanna. So bright and colorful.

2. Pia says:

Lovely inspiration! I just finished priming the pages of a recycled book, so I’ll try to spend your gift of time getting started with the colours and doodles this weekend. :-)

3. Caatje says:

I love your journal pages, so colourful and fun. It just makes me happy looking at them.

4. Susan says:

great pages. love your doodles and colors

5. Kooky says:

What a lovely glimpse into your heART full journal. I like all your bright colours, and especially the word filled hearts. I’ll have to try some in my journal this week.

6. Jordan says:

I love these pages Hanna! They’re so inspiring! I adore all of your hearts; I’ve realized that I’ve been doing something extremely similar in my journals as of late, and have actually created a new blog series just to explore the heart symbolism. :P Thus, I find your pages very interesting. I especially enjoy the loose watercolor hearts. They’re awesome. :)

7. Andria says:

Yes! Valentine’s Day colors are truly the colors of Hanna. Such fun, love- and color-filled pages. Thanks for the art journal peek!

8. Kim Mailhot says:

I am feeling itchy fingers to paint today ! I will take the time, and tell everything else Hanna told me to! ;-)
    Happy Creating Love !

9. Dianne says:

Always enjoy my visits here and your cheerful colors! happy flowers and a creative boost! thank you…

Hi, Lady! I am managing to make at least five valentines in addition to the collaged valentine postcards for Shannon’s swap. I LOVE COLLAGE! I think this may be my favorite year resolution. I’m a little behind in terms of days, but in terms of the whole year it’s going to work great. I’m making a journal for my Hawaii trip, and it’s going to be filled with hearts. not a typical Hawaii icon, but it’s going to be this time. Thanks to your inspiration! Your journal looks fabulous! I sometimes wish I could do something to pay you back for all your gifts. And your bloggy friendship.

I haven’t been to the pattern site today. It’s so yummy. I may zip over while I’m waiting for something to dry.

Happy Valentines.

11. April Cole says:

Oh my!!
    So sweet & lovely… such delightful peeks into your journal.
    Hearts, always make me smile! :]

12. teddi says:

oh my gosh, these are so cute, and make me smile with joy. i adore them! :)

13. I love your journal it is so bright and colorful. I am linking in from Balzer Designs. I am bookmarking your blog.

14. Lay Hoon says:

Always feel inspired when come to your blog :)