Link Love: Creative Blogs (new to me) I

Pots and pans

I’ve got a new nice system set up in google reader right now. When I find a blog that is new to me (that I haven’t followed and read much or at all before) I put it in the “new blogs folder” so that I will notice if I’m inspired by it, if it is still active, if its a keeper or not. Before I used to mark new-to-me-blogs with a star, but now this way works better for me. I think it’s a great way to find new inspiration. Today I thought I’d share a few of my newly found favorites with you. It will be a series of posts starting today and continuing an upcoming Sunday.

Inspiring Blogs on Creativity

• Brown Paper Bag – Sara features all kinds of strange art and illustrations on her blog, quite cool stuff!
  • Love stitching red – Carolyn has some beautiful photo and editing skills, and her fabric art is must-see
  • Creativity Prompt -Avital is a scrapbooking designer who has weekly printable downloads I really like (tags, labels). Check out her archive of fun stuff!
  • Corvus tristis – I think this blog is a bit similar to mine; filled with many different fun creative things in a great big mix! Altering clothes, drawing cool anatomic illustrations that she offers for free as embroidery patterns and in general trying to live an inspired life!
  • Cori Dantini makes – Cori is an illustrator who does a lot of beautiful art + owl paintings! Aww!
  • Danny & dani studio – Danielle does not post often but oh, when she does! Pretty pretty pretty!
  • Ellen Giggenbach – another illustrator girl that makes kind of 1950-looking children’s book lookalike illustrations, kind of… Check her blog out!
  • Mayorekeblad – Annalena is a Swedish artist who paints and inspires and prints stuff
  • Collage journeys – Jane Davis sketches, paints and writes: I want her book Collage Journeys and new book
  • Journaling Saves – I have told you about Kristin’s blog before, so this is just a reminder that she is posting great stuff again!

Check them out, tell them I sent you & hopefully become inspired! Then turn the computer of and go create something. That’s what inspiration is all about: getting YOU started!

I’ve been creating collages today, sitting with the computer close by, and listened to my new favorite podcast show from Paperclipping, the episode is called: Stories from our lives and also a radio interview with Lynda Barry, a cartoonist and writer who’s awesome book What It Is I own and adore!

This entry was posted in Inspiration and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Link Love: Creative Blogs (new to me) I

1. Mary says:

Hi Hanna…I’ll be sure to check out the blogs you have listed…I’m always up for checking into new blogs…you never know what you might find. I love your journal pages…I saw the cover at Flickr and I wondered what the inside was like. I like your first week of journal pages. You are so diverse and talented…love your blog too!!!

2. iHanna says:

Aww, Mary! Thank you so much! Coming from you who do such cool stuff too, that is a great compliment. Thanks!

3. amy says:

I love checking out new blogs! Thanks for the list.

4. iHanna says:

Amy, you’re welcome! I too like finding new favorites. :)

5. Sophie says:

‘Cut it, paste it’…’ the book mentioned in ‘interesting books’, I bought it a few weeks ago, It’s very inspiring for making collages.

6. laurie b says:

thanks for sharing all these blogs with us. i love seeing what others are doing and could just spend hours browsing and getting inspired. :-)

7. dawn says:

YAY!!! I love your links, because you ALWAYS find such awesome blogs. I have found many I follow through your extensive lists :)

8. I didn’t know you could create folders for Google Reader. This opens up so many possibilities. A folder for new blogs is a smart idea.

I’m off to check out your new finds. Thank you for sharing!

9. This is just what I need and it will keep me busy for a while. I love new inspiration. Thank you.

10. iHanna says:

Thanks for commenting, so glad you like my link love lists! :-)
    Jennifer, you need to check out Sister Diane’s video tutorial on google reader tricks for craft bloggers, I bet you’ll like it! :-)

11. cyndee says:

thanks for the new blog suggestions i will check them all out.

12. Emie says:

Thanks for writing about Google Reader…. I had heard about it but didn’t know anything about it. I’m going to give it a try and you’re the first blog to go on my list!
    Emie

13. Corvus says:

Thank you so much for the link! I need to get out of the post-holiday funk and get posting again (well, actually, it’s not post-holiday funk, it’s pre-interview cramming, but that’ll be done tomorrow).

14. iHanna says:

Corvus, you’re welcome. Yes, get back to blogging some! :-) And what interview? *curious*

15. linda says:

Thanks for sharing…gives me more stuff to explore…woohoo! oh, I also listen to paperclipping, love it!