I’ve got a new nice system set up in google reader right now. When I find a blog that is new to me (that I haven’t followed and read much or at all before) I put it in the “new blogs folder” so that I will notice if I’m inspired by it, if it is still active, if its a keeper or not. Before I used to mark new-to-me-blogs with a star, but now this way works better for me. I think it’s a great way to find new inspiration. Today I thought I’d share a few of my newly found favorites with you. It will be a series of posts starting today and continuing an upcoming Sunday.
Inspiring Blogs on Creativity
- Brown Paper Bag – Sara features all kinds of strange art and illustrations on her blog, quite cool stuff!
- Love stitching red – Carolyn has some beautiful photo and editing skills, and her fabric art is must-see
- Creativity Prompt -Avital is a scrapbooking designer who has weekly printable downloads I really like (tags, labels). Check out her archive of fun stuff!
- Corvus tristis – I think this blog is a bit similar to mine; filled with many different fun creative things in a great big mix! Altering clothes, drawing cool anatomic illustrations that she offers for free as embroidery patterns and in general trying to live an inspired life!
- Cori Dantini makes – Cori is an illustrator who does a lot of beautiful art + owl paintings! Aww!
- Danny & dani studio – Danielle does not post often but oh, when she does! Pretty pretty pretty!
- Ellen Giggenbach – another illustrator girl that makes kind of 1950-looking children’s book lookalike illustrations, kind of… Check her blog out!
- Mayorekeblad – Annalena is a Swedish artist who paints and inspires and prints stuff
- Collage journeys – Jane Davis sketches, paints and writes: I want her book Collage Journeys and new book
- Journaling Saves – I have told you about Kristin’s blog before, so this is just a reminder that she is posting great stuff again!
Check them out, tell them I sent you & hopefully become inspired! Then turn the computer of and go create something. That’s what inspiration is all about: getting YOU started!
I’ve been creating collages today, sitting with the computer close by, and listened to my new favorite podcast show from Paperclipping, the episode is called: Stories from our lives and also a radio interview with Lynda Barry, a cartoonist and writer who’s awesome book What It Is I own and adore!