If you like browsing other peoples art and journals, here is your chance at some great journaling art! Link’s for everybody! Chears!
* I just love the work of Melanie Komisarski and her mother! Look at their gallery and into Melanie’s blog navylane studio – she does all the things I’ve comed to love this past year: atc’s, art journaling, collage, mixed media etc etc. Fun! One of my favourit from their gallery is Art quilt Regal woman – wow! Exactly what is going on inside my head right now and what I want to try to do – in my own style of course.
* Do you like glue – and vintage images? Then you’ll love this site! Beautiful pictures!
All pictures in this post is from a find of 5 SEK that I got two weeks ago. It’s called Svensk naturlyrik, is a poetry book in swedish with thick pages and some b/w illustrations that are be-a-u-tiful! I think it will be my next art journal or something like that.
* My new favourit mixed media girl, Tracy Bonkers, uses altered books as her art journals. I think it will be exciting to try! I’m going to follow Lisa’s advice on prepearing a book to be altered as well as I can. She is my greatest resource.
* I also like what finish Emma of Crayon does in her scrapbook and Joleen’s journal pages wich has lots and lots of text. I’m gonna try to write more in my next art journal. Right now I have a diary too, maybe I can compress it? Or maybe I need it separet, I don’t know…
* I also really enjoy the artists adding their layouts to writtendown.com! There you’ll find tons and tons of inspiration and beautiful art journal spreads. I love them all, but can’t stay too long since it gets to me and I feel I know nothing and can’t ever do something beautiful and smart like these girls. A quick stop for colour, and then surf away! hehe.
And stop drooling all over!
Gesso away! What will make in this book? Dunno yet…