Everyone has been made
for some particular work,
and the desire for that work
has been put in every heart.
Inspiration Mosaic February 2013. View big.
Do you ever get creative cravings away from home?
I do. More often than not I have great ideas at times when I can’t execute them. At work, or while getting busy to travel somewhere. Ideas inspired by things I see or feel or remember. Materials I know I own that I want to play with! Sometimes, like today, I write a long list of visual ideas that I would love to play with. Ideas I find in my head that should, in some way, be experimented with.
A list that will, when I do have the time, remind me that there is no shortage of things to do in the creative life!
This is what’s on my list for/in March:
- Make tiny notebooks
- Turn a deck of playing cards into a deck of Inspiration
- Paint postcards – check!
- Take b/w self portraits
- Make patterns on tissue paper
- Sew mixed media prayer flags
- Organize framed art on one of my walls
- Create a cloths line for art on the wall above my desk
- Experiment further with free form quilting and machine embroidery
- Sew a simple pouch for walks (room for just the keys and cell phone) – check!
- Draw and doodle on acrylic paint
- Write a looong list and start each sentence with I love… – check!
- Edit and publish more youtube videos because it’s fun – check!
- Paint on brown paper
- Make my own fabric and paper beads
- Use the pink clay I’ve got for making tiny bead-like hearts
- Paint a big canvas with happiness + circles
- Paint on fabric
- Bind a Venice inspired journal
- Sew big softie cats in wool
- Make tiny cloth art pieces
- Spray paint the magazine storage neon pink
- Finish a few of my WIP projects
It might take a while, but I enjoy a slow list. Sometimes I check back on old lists to see if I’ve made progress – and often without knowing – I have!
What’s on your list for March?