Come, let’s journal about all the nice things I got for my birthday!
On my birthday, back in April, I got a few pens and some money to buy art supplies for. I decided to invest in my first “set” of metallic watercolors in loose pans, from the brand Coliro Pearlcolors. I got pink and green (because that is one of my favorite color combinations) and a gold, just to try it out.
In today’s video, I’m creating a spread in my Randomosity TN, to try out all the new materials I got. Enjoy!
Video: Birthday Journaling
Journaling in a Traveler’s Notebook to document my birthday pens and new watercolors, five different colors of Coliro Pearlcolors. Documenting what I got at the same time as I test them out, creating an Evidence page.
Grab a coffee or your own journal and let’s investigate how good these colors are together!
Birthday roses and the stuff I got for my birthday this year:
The book is about knitting with more than one color in a very colorful and happy way called hönsestrik here. This book is so beautiful and full of fun knits to try out, from hats and scarfs to sweaters and caps.
Also, it’s coming out in English next month, so keep a look out for it if you too want to knit happy rows of different patterns. It is going to be called Alterknit Rebellion – Radical patterns for creative knitters by Anna Bauer. So yummy, and a fun title in English, right?
Here’s the finished spread that I created in the video, using wrapping paper, stickers, gift cards and the pens and paints I got for my birthday:
I’m planning to have a birthday next year too, so stay tuned. Who knows what I’ll get then? ;-)
Products used in the making of this birthday spread in my no-brand traveler’s notebook are listed here, with affiliate links to Amazon (at no extra cost for you) in case you want to check them out. Happy journaling!
- Coliro Artist Mica Pearl Watercolor Paint – Rainbow set of six Colors handmade in Germany
- LePlume II Book pens – the brush tip pen I used in pink, but this is a “brights” set of 12 (yum!)
- Pastel Highlighter pens – not the brand I used, but similar
- UHU glue stick 40 gram – in a pack of 12, which is the way I stock up on these
- Faber-Castel Pitt Artist Brush Pens – a long-time favorite for coloring and journal headers
- Hello Kitty stickers – find your own favorites on Amazon
- Hand Lettering Pens – try a brush pen for hand-lettering in your journal
- Ballograf ball-point pen – Scandinavian design pen for writing / journaling
- Alterknit Rebellion – Radical patterns for creative knitters, a book by Swedish Anna Bauer
Did I forget anything – let me know and I’ll add it as soon as possible.
Do you like the finished spread? Have you ever tried these (or other) metallic watercolors?
Journal with me! Previous spread in this notebook includes Easter journaling: Using Scrap die-cuts.