Hi Dear DIY Postcard Rockstar!
This is the post where those of you that joined iHanna’s DIY Postcard Swap Fall 2015 can share your blog post links (the swap is now closed but if you missed it join my newsletter and I’ll let you know when the next one is). Loads of inspiration from all participants, can and will be found, below.
The Postcard Rockstars…
And even if you’re not a Postcard Rockstar yet, I think you will find that you will want to become one after clicking through to these links…
Edit: The link-up is now closed, thanks everywone who played!
We’re not aiming for artistic perfection, but for the joy of creating, sharing and sending out art into the world! You become a DIY Postcard Rockstar by daring to create from your heart and sending your art into the word. It takes courage, especially if you’re very new to this world – but the benefits are huge. If you have been hesitating, I hope you’ll dare to jump in next time.
I always enjoy receiving my postcards no matter what. I also love reading about other’s creative process, and find inspiration on what I want to try next. Reading about what you do tickles me to sit at my desk and do more art! So a big thank you to all of you who step out of your comfort zone and share here. You rock!
Below you’ll find some additional resources, fit for both participants and others who enjoy mail art and mixed media stuff!
DIY Postcard Swap Resources
- Free printable postcard backsides download the pdf and print away!
- DIY Postcard Flickr Pool share your scanned or photographed postcards
- Postcard Inspiration Pinterest Board what inspires me
- Check out the tag #DIYPostcardSwap on Instagram (and subscribe to the feed)
- Frequently Asked Questions about the swap, mail art and sending out your postcards
- All of iHannas Postcard Ideas take inspiration from me, because I have created postcards for years! Lets glue, cut, paint, sew, stamp and write postcards!
- the iHanna Newsletter sign up if you want to swap handmade postcards next time, which will be this spring. I send it out only a few times each year and you will be informed of all things new and cool around here
Let me know where you find your inspiration for postcards?! I’d love to know.
i mailed my postcards today! i don’t have a blog link to share, but i did add a few pictures to the postcard flicker group. i love making the cards and i LOVE finding cards in my mailbox! i should get my “first one” in a day or so because i always mail one of my cards to myself. i add it to my Hanna’s Postcard Swap binder along with the cards i receive from other’s in the swap. happy snail mail to all ;) and thank YOU Hanna for continuing to do this swap! <3 hugs, jenny
Thanks for letting me know Jenny. I like the idea of sending one to yourself. I always create one extra to save too, but haven’t thought to send it to myself. :-) Thanks for joining again and being so lovely.
You need a blog Jenny! I want to see your postcard swap binder!
The first postcard arrived today, and I’m happy about it. You can see it on my blog. Thank you very much, Hanna, for organizing the swap! I really enjoy it.
Thank you for adding my blog link Hanna! I forgot. I need to make a PCS check list!