I online-obsess over one or other crafts at times. You know, when you get all obsessed with one craft and can’t stop thinking about it? Does this every happen to you?
At times it’s been all about knitting; then I remember to log onto Ravelry, visit Knitty’s new patterns and bookmark stuff I wish I had time to make. Other times it’s seasonal themes or materials, and right now it’s been crooked/crazy quilting. I have been surfing around and swooning over contemporary crazy quilts. They make me giddy with excitement. The above piece is one of my trials, and the fabric is still out on the table, waiting…
Free Form Quilting Inspiration
Here are a few great links for you to explore
- Nice Binding tutorial and a super sweet simple little quilt video – by Robin Ferrier
- How to Make an Improvised Art Quilt by Laura Wasilowski
- Half Square triangle tutorial is also something I would like to try out
- Painted zigzag quilt by Sujata Shah
- Wanda presents her quilts video found via her blog Exuberant colour which is where I first found the zig-zag quilt pattern idea that I really dig!
- Studio 78 notes is Rayna Gillman’s blog. I think it was when I read her book, Create Your Own Free-Form Quilts, that this obsession got started!
- My book reviews – some fun sewing books for you to check out there
What’s your latest obsession?