Again, a thousand circles living on one spread: polka dot wrapping paper and recycled office/meeting doodles! Each page includes so many different elements and ideas.
If you’re lucky, and working in an altered book, you can leave one of the original images peeking through your collage layers. This seal was there all along, and he is staying:
If you want to draw inspiration from this one spread you could try:
- use markers on a magazine image
- use a favorite printed photo as collage fodder (I made the embroidered owl last year and love using this image in my journals)
- include someone elses pretty card (the blue face is a card by Karen that I got in a giveaway)
- recycle old, loose paper doodles or meeting notes
- always save (and use) pretty wrapping paper because they are perfect in collage work
- dig out tiny bits too pretty to throw away from your scrap box
- …or cut out designed items you appreciate and just glue them in there too!