Fly photo of Inner Landscape I

Fly photo over a Inner Landscape I
Fly photo of an Inner Landscape I, mixed media fabric art by iHanna.

I have already posted the green Fly photo III and the pink Fly photo II and as we are counting backwards this is number one in this triptych series. I sold the green one at the exhibition but this one, Fly photo of an Inner Landscape I, is my favorite and it is hanging by my bed.

Detail of Fly photo over a Inner Landscape I
I see my own spiritual practices in this embroidery, maybe I have sewn in a couple of my “prayers” (hopes and dreams).

Detail of Fly photo over a Inner Landscape I
I can see a church in it. I did not intend for it to have a house, but when I finished it I noticed that some of the shapes can be connected in my imagination… I don’t know if you can see it but the roof is the lace that is covered in gold paint. Maybe you will “see” something else? Maybe it makes you feel something too.

Detail of Fly photo over a Inner Landscape I
Anyway, here are a few detail photos of this piece. Enjoy! When I look at them I feel an itch to embroider again, to start something new for the winter…

Even more detail photos of Fly photo of an Inner Landscape I:

Detail of Fly photo over a Inner Landscape I

This entry was posted in Art Experiments, Fabric Art and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Fly photo of Inner Landscape I

1. Liberty says:

it is absolutely gorgeous!
    I love that you included so many photos of detail – I looked and looked, soaking it all in!
    simply beautiful :)

2. iHanna says:

Thanks for commenting Liberty!
    Haha, yes a lot of images… I get kind of in love with my work and take a LOT of photos! :-)

3. Steph says:

ooh this piece took my breath away, Hanna!!! beautiful!!

4. Lynette (NZ) says:

Once again, stunning. Thanks so much for all the detail shots – very inspiring.

5. Carol Wiebe says:

These just sing . . . I’d say your inner landscape is a place of sacred joy, according to your title and this beautiful piece!

6. Baye says:

Working on the 21 Secrets and still putting out intricate art! You amaze me! I’m still trying to get my tissue paper piece finished for your class.

Great job on the videos, by the way. You seemed a little nervous–certainly understandable for your first lesson. That just made it more endearing. I found it comforting that I wasn’t the only one that was nervous.

7. Herm says:

Hanna, this is soooo beautiful! did you start it with a fabric base? and then add as you go? love to try something like this someday! How big is this piece of embroidery?

8. iHanna says:

Thank you all so much for your kind comments!

Carol W, oh wow – that is the nicest thing ever! Thank you!

Baye, I did finished this piece long before the 21 secrets class was even invented, I promise! So glad you enjoy the videos, thank you for your feedback on the videos. I enjoyed talking about art journaling (a lot!) but as English is not my first language I stammer a bit every now and then. Can’t wait to see your tissue paper pages! :-)

9. iHanna says:

Herm, thank you!
    I didn’t write as much in this post because this is part III in the series and I explained a bit about the materials and base of this embroidery in my first post about the green embroidery earlier this year. Check that post out!

The embroidery is 23 x 23 centimeter (9×9 inches).

10. Carin says:

Oh Hanna, this is just wonderful! Honestly, I could drown in it it’s that scrummy. And thanks for all the detail shots!

11. Aly B says:

How magical! And I do see the church/building ;-) These make me want to pick up embroidery again!

12. Mary says:

I love this….the colors, the stitches….I have been looking at what Pam G. has been doing & I’m getting inspired to try embroidery again….great piece, Hanna!!!

13. Jo Reimer says:

This piece takes my breath away! Good work, Hanna.

14. Megan says:

This is so beautiful!

15. shigeteru says:

Hellow!
    I love your site, It is a pleasure to visit.
    I have added your site to my site.