My thrifted find from this week is this mini pot with flowers:
I’m looking through amazon.com to find “the best books” to order for me. It is slow and irritatingly difficult! I’ve been wanting to order books from my Wish list since last time I had some money to buy books with, that must be two years ago soon? Now my birthday is coming up this week and my parents have given me money to buy books for! I want to look through every book about craft, collage and journaling and now I have to decide which one will gain me most.
I’ve decided to get Collage Unleashed by Traci Bautista, because I think I will like her style of collage and painting. But Corey Moortgat’s book The Art of Personal Imagery is jumping on and off the shopping cart. I love to use personal imagery but I already own a book about altering images and I don’t know if this will teach me new things?
On my wish list:
- A journal with a pretty cover because I ♥ heart it, and one with quotes or any of the for HER journals from Live Inspired Shop – loooove the look of those journals!
- Indie Art DVD – 4 or more back issues
- Rubber stamps made by Michelle Ward
- Altered Surfaces by Chris Cozen
- T-shirt with text Let’s pretend
- Happy Hour by Terry Atkinson – quilt book with simple designs I like
- Journal for the modern goddess – another notebook
- Write Free – a book I want after reading this review
- A paper bundle from One good bumble bee – they look so cute!
- Superhero pendant [found via the maker Andrea’s blog]
What I really need is another thing; like new jeans, fix my bike, get a desk, find a job… I also want to find transparent plastic pockets somewhere. These little sleeves are great for putting on the inside cover of journals, notebooks and anywhere where you tuck in little notes and papers! I love them, but I can’t find any, the ones I had are gone now. Any tips? They have a sticker surface on the backside and I recommend you to buy a whole pack if you find it!
Next week it’s my blog’s birthday too, guess how many years I’ve been writing a blog now? And do you know when I put up my first homepage?
Which would you choose?
In the journaling category I’ve browsed through
- Journey to Health: Writing Your Way to Physical, Emotional and Spiritual Well-Being,
- Writing and Being: Embracing Your Life Through Creative Journaling,
- Voice of Her Own: Women and the Journal Writing Journey,
- The Creative Journal: The Art of Finding Yourself ,
- Soul Catcher: A Journal to Help You Become Who You Really Are,
- Harvesting Your Journals (this one is not about writing but about looking back on what you’ve written during the years, something I’d love to read about but then it’s not available anymore – isn’t that typical? ),
- The Rewarding Practice of Journal Writing,
- Journal to the Self: Twenty-Two Paths to Personal Growth and
- The New Diary!
And it’s the same with inspirational books about collage – I want all of them!
Yes, it’s a problem that I can’t decide what I want! Help? I guess I should just have picked up the first book I found and bought it. But I’m so curious I always want to “see everything” before I make a decision. I love researching, but online researching about books is difficult. I need this pile of books by my bed to make an accurate decision about which one I want to keep!
I’ll be back soon with some projects I’ve finished! Take care girls!