I’ve been clicking around again today. SO much to see, so much inspiration everywhere that make you become even more creative. Like we need that? Well, some might need an idea or two. I need a new year filled with time! hehe. There is no end to it and you can get totally caught up in it if you are not careful. Be warned. If you click on (like I did today) there is almost no time left to acctually be creative! But on the other hand, I really wanted (needed) to share some of my experiences on the web today, so if you are up to it and have a minute or 50…
First, watch this video from Amanda:
Creativity and meditation is very much connected if you ask me. I’m looking for resources on this, links, books, articles. Please let me know if you see anything about meditation/yoga+being creative. Thanks
Now, also check out:
- Inspiration boards collected by decor8 – oh what beautiful photos and rooms!
- Marci Alboher & Tim Ferriss – a long video with just talk, but very interesting and inspirational. I think you should watch it if you, like me, are a “slash person”, you know a person who loves to do many things and also do them all the time! I want both of these two authors books One Person/Multiple Careers (if I didn’t have to look at the hiddious cover!) and The 4-Hour Workweek (or at least a date with this cool guy who has done everything)!
- making books for kids – make the kid in your life a little book for christmas, pleeease? do it for me, and for the art of creativity that need nurturing and room to develope
- Roz sketch journals – inspiration for anyone who wants to draw in their journal! So beautiful!
- Supplies for Visual Journaling – another video from Violette!
- ‘Journaling’ Category at cat-sidth’s blog – I’ve been reading through most of her posts on journaling, getting inspiration, tips and magic images from her journals!
- Daily coyote – amazing story and images, very moving. I read through the whole blog in one sitting. Now I want a coyote of my own, or at least a dog! Found via amy
I have some projects to post, but until I’ve written about them, here is some sweet loving for everyone in Smilla’s fan club! Desktop images for December 2007, enjoy!
Click to download: Smilla cozy desktop
And now, let’s get creative and do something, right? Right? I’m turning the computer off to go into sewing machine world! What about you?
A girl at the mailnglist JOURNAL GIRL wrote how impressive everyone else’s creativity and journals was, and I thought it sounded sad in a way I recognize and feel too very often. Everyone else is doing stuff, I can never be as good as those people… I’m sure you know how that feels. Overwhelming. Empty. Envious and ugly. This was my reply to her today:
You can not be creative if you don’t try!
Finding inspiration is great, and doodling is a great
start! I’ve keept a written journal for my entire life
and it’s been boring lined pages with my uneven
handwriting page after page. Since I started to do
more collage and painting in a separete book
(=playing) the creative side of me is also sipping
into the diary pages of my written journal. Stickers,
small sketches, doodles around the edges, one or two
collage pages in the midst of all that text.
A good tip I think if you want to start playing in
your writing is to draw around the edge of the papers
before you write. Use crayons, collage, doodles,
flowers, stickers and decorate the pages just a little
bit and you’ll have a fun start into becoming more
creative. It’s not difficult, but it takes practice to
be a creative person. :-)
Edit: I googled practice creativity and found this article: Practice Creativity – read it (press print and read it in bed)!