This is a sculpture made by Lisa Larsson in 1958, in the ABC-serie of girls. I found it at Tradera. It was very expensive since Lisa Larsson is a famous and sought after artist. I couldn’t afford it, but I grabbed the picture and will admire it here. I just adore this piece, which doesn’t look very much like Lisa Larsson to me, her ceramic pieces are often animals or girls in blue striped dresses. This one, Charlotta, in her rose dress is to me adorable. And I don’t even know if it’s a real Larsson or not.
On my craving crafty list at the moment are also:
- Opal feelings 1701 – self striping yarn
- A Backyard Critters Raccoon, a Knit Pattern Kit and the Swat Team Kittys from crafty alien’s Etsy shop
- Rose service – so lovely and romantic
- All of Kaffe Fassett’s books (except the ones about knitting, I don’t like his big sweaters), I’m trying to find the cheapest ones at Ebay. I just can’t keep going to the library for them all the time, right? Right?
- A (vintage) bath tub with legs – every girls big dream? And a vintage kitchen!!!
- I’ve also been having huge fabric cravings, and while trying Not to buy I’ve looked at Cath Kidston, Amy Butler Laura Ashley and Rachel Ashwell! Awww.
- And even more beautiful fabrics at Cia’s palette, found via the Swedish blog Desiree Blomp.
- Via lovely Heather Bailey I found the fabric company Free spirit – I adore some of their fabrics, like Victorian Rose, Girlfriend and Picket Fence. Awww again. I’m not going there any more, this is not good for my heart. I’m deleting the link right now!
- A pink washing machine has been on my wish list since I saw it in a magazine. Isn’t it cool? A Washing machine with flowers would be okay too! ;-)
- And when we are talking about pink machinery, why not buy everything new in pink? I’d love the pink girly laptop in that case!
I can see why you love the girl. Her dress is fantastic.
See, this is why I love blogs – you discover wonderful new things. I have never heard of Lisa Larsson, but I love this sculpture.
I think a pretty washing machine would change my whole approach to doing the laundry. You couldnt help but feel cheerful…
Oh wow, this girl is so beautiful!!! Now I’m going to send you a few drool worthy pics – expect an e-mail.
?h ja, den blommiga tv?ttmaskinen skulle i alla fall inte jag tacka nej till. :)
Great looking sculpture:)
Thank you so much for the wonderful links!!!! You’re SO good about that!
Oh and BTW…adore your new banner! Bits and pieces of your tools! :-)
I like the sculpture too. Until you get your pink or flowered washing machine could you try painting some flowers on the one you have or throw a piece of pink material over it?
Lovely links! I?m feeling pink today too!