I just listned to Jennifers show and learned that I won one of Claudine Helmuths books! I’m so happy! I’m looking forward to getting to learn more about her style and maybe try it out myself!
Today it is Studio Friday friday for me, so I took some photos of flower treats this morning. I haven’t bought special flowers because I didn’t need to. This is what was blooming right in front of my nose:
I also got a red rose from Minister for Justice in Sweden, Tomas Bodström this week. He was talking about politics in town when I had ice cream with a friend. On Sunday Sweden has election and I’m going to vote for the third time in my life.
Back to the subject of beauty, today I’m linking you to some great online art gallerys, private and official, of mixed media, collage and loads of inspiration. Check these out:
- Wonderful mixed media & assemblage by Jennifer Black – so beautiful!
- Anahata Katkin makes beautiful journal pages
- Sylvia Luna has a beautiful altered book gallery
- Keely Barham has a gallery of art dolls and other stuff that is really impressive.
- Interesting and simple collages with lot of swirls at flickr: cheves art
- Tracy Roos has lots of galleries at her site, but I think her ATC gallery is my favourit. So much inspiration there!
- ArtChix Studio Gallery fetures lots of artist and cool collages. I’d love to go shopping there to someday.
- I really like Melissa McCobb Hubbells (what a cool name!) paper journal
- Lori has a great gallery with her artist books.
- Do you know Kelly Rae? She lives in rainy Oregon, but her collage women makes me smile all the time. Lots of sunshine in her art!
- Do you know Sabrina Ward? At her homepage you can admire her amazing works on paper and more
- Take some time and browse through the gallerys of mixed media collage artists at their site!
Can you tell why I haven’t been making any collages for three weeks? (except for the 20 minute challange I sent to CraftSanity)? It’s because I spend way to much time at the computor surfing for beauty insteed of trying to make some of my own! Next week I’ll try to be a better (smarter?) artist.