Whip up contest for August is Wardrobe surgery, and that is exactly what I wanted. Redo my whole wardrobe, it is so boring and just old t-shirts that I bought in 1996 or so.
But already (!) time is up and I had to take some lousy photos of my self in the skirt I just finished. I used a gray dress that I could never wear since it made me look pregnant (thrifted, never worn) and a piece of transparent gray fabric that a friend gave me (I think, I found it in my fabric filled wardrobe). So I sewed together a gray skirt that goes very well with my newly thrifted black shoes (30 sek):
What do you think? I kind of like it, only wish I could sew better. And take the time with patterns, to measure and plan… Na, just cut in and do it. Quick, and very crocked of course!
I should get a pattern. I really should. Did you see Amy Butler has some free patterns?
And the net is filled with inspiration that makes me want to be able! I so want to sew bags and clothes – but it take lots of time and I don’t think I have the patients really. :-/
- Flobber Dewotsky children’s clothes. Lots of colour and fun – I want them all!
- Alter shoes! Yes, I’m looking for the right pair. Amber’s are cool black ones!
- The t-shirt trend seems to get bigger. Gayla Trail gives tip on t-shirt-reconstruction!
- And I love Tricia Royal’s style so much, found her at her website Bits and bobbins and really enjoyed looking through her flickr set Wardrobe remix! I wish I had a cool set like that, and her clothes too! If I really put my mind to it, I could probably dress much cooler and more fun with the clothes I have… But all summer I’ve been wearing the same skirt and all fall I know I’ll jump into those same jeans. I’m to tired in the morning!
- Tricia also has a flickr group that encourage you to take photos of funky outfits and post them to Wardrobe remix group!
- Tricia is also in my new favorite magazine Adorn, that I mentioned once before. Now I’ve bought it and I like it a lot!
- I also enjoy hel-looks with “normal” people walking the streets. So fun!
- Another tutorial I’m wanting to use is this belt tutorial
It was really really not my intention (gah!) to find something else I could get interested in coz I only visited The Tie one on project to see what all the fuss was about and I was amazed. So much beauty. I’ve seen the links and read the oohs and aahs about aprons – but not thought much about it.
– I don’ wear aprons and I don’t need them… that is what I thought…
Until I visited Vintage aprons pattern pool at flickr. I want to make one! I want to move to the country side and bake my own bread!
Via Shabby Miss Jenn I found this apron and it’s sooo beautiful. I wish I could make something like that! I really need to print the Peasant Skirt Tutorial, jeans skirt tutorial or the most time consuming skirt…
I saw a horrible picture of me to that I could post to the Remix pool… Me, in a worn out top with hearts, a skirt bought five or six years ago at H&M and smelly shoes specially made for me in Viet Nam. Yeah, sweet pink me. Total cost maybe 10 dollars.
Hey there! Thanks for the comment about the dragonfly over on my blog. I like yours! You are very crafty, eh? I think the skirt is great, good save from that ugly grey dress I think!
This post makes me want to go sew something! Way cute skirt! :)
That skirt is great! And those shoes make my heart flutter ::sigh:: I’m glad I’m not the only one who still has a stack of t-shirts from 1996 :D
very cute skirt, and the shoes are GORGEOUS! I totally covet them! :)
SO super cute and the shoes are too die for!!! I can’t tell you how much I adore your super crafty site. You rock…
Tack f?r bes?ket – kul med nya bekantskaper. ?r alltid s? impad av dem som ids skriva p? engelska, jag ska b?rja undervisa treor i engelska i h?st, kanske borde jag ?va upp mig… ?r nog lite ringrostig.
Snygg kjol! Sj?lv har jag just varit p? rea och k?pt en h?rligt fladdrig sak f?r 250:- I ny f?rg f?r mig: gr?gr?nbrunaktig nyans.
Fin kjol! Har du provat att sy efter Amys m?nster? Jag ?r s? d?lig p? inches hit och feets dit:(
Vilka superfina skor!! Var har du hittat dem?
very cute! it looks so good on you. very flattering.
Skj?rtene du har sydd er flotte syns jeg! Fine farger p? de, og fint snitt.