Art Journal Peek: Winged things

Why do people say “grow some balls?” Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding. Betty White

Art Journal Detail: Spreading my Wings

Winged things are flying in.

They never seem to be travling in a flock. Always such lonely individuals, looking for a place to land… To rest.

Maybe looking for a place to call home. I invite them in.

Put a bird on it

I make room for them on the pink pages of my Art Journal. I try to fit them into my heart, even though they do not ask for permission to enter… They do not take up much room, though, and they are here to stay. I like the company.

Art Journal peek: Painting and drawing

I am calling this spread: Spread your Wings… What is flying into your journal this week?

This entry was posted in Art journaling and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Art Journal Peek: Winged things

1. Christie Juhasz says:

Great Betty White quote. And, I love your pages. I’m starting Sketchbook Skool this week so I’m not sure what will be flying into my journal – lots of sketching, I suppose.

2. Rita Montgomery says:

I love your color combo background and that white bird just pops off the page. Awesome job.

3. Kathryn says:

I love your wings! I wish I has wings. My journal is grounded this week due to crowds of company. I get to check beautiful blogs though under the guide of urgent business. :)

4. Mary says:

I’ve never seen that Betty White quote before…love that you posted that! Ha! Your pink “spread your wings” pages are wonderful. Have you used your Proart Markers(that may not be the correct name) lately? I had to laugh at the lady who made the really long comment back insisting that you hadn’t given them a fair try :) Happy creating and trying new things…that’s what it’s all about…Mary

• iHanna says:

Mary, haha, thanks for commenting and making me smile too. I have given the promarkers another try, still don’t like the smell but got quite a nice result anyway. Never say never, right?

5. Patty Radish says:

Betty White is awesome! Love your pages!

6. Jag älskar det där citatet! Och jag älskar både färg och form på den lite sorgsna damen. Fint!

• iHanna says:

Ja visst är det ett bra citat… Tänkte först att det kanske var för expressivt, hehe, men sen kom jag på att jag inte ska bry mig ifall det stör någon (amr), för jag tycker det är alldeles underbart! :-)

Och tack för kommentaren om mina art journal-målning, betyder mycket när det kommer från dig!

The layers are incredible! LOVE!

and I love that quote