Art Journal Peek: Watercolor Girl

A single drop of water, once joined with others, can transform a mountain.
Chinese proverb

Art Journal Detail: Coffee and drawing
This drawing of a girl is in my art journal. A green girl, colored in with watercolors.

I like pages where a bit of everything is allowed to happen. Drawing, journaling, watercolors and even collage elements – on the same page. And let’s not forget washi tape.

Sometimes it becomes overcrowded and too much of everything. But sometimes there is a balance. A sense of home.

Often there is a Blue bird flying in, or a pink striped one.

This is a bit of everything but mostly it’s an Evidence page, as you can see on the left hand side of this spread:

Art Journal Peek: Bird and writing
Evidence of four new half pans of watercolor!

Documented here with the labels and some named and painted swatches. Plus the business card from the store where I got them.

I love watercolors so much. How about you?

This entry was posted in Art journaling and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Art Journal Peek: Watercolor Girl

1. Daire says:

Love this page! Where is that blue and pink flowery paper from? I neeeed some!

• iHanna says:

Daire, well you’re in luck! It’s one that I made through the site Colour Lovers! I think it’s a found pattern that I picked the colors for and saved. You’ll find a link to it in my blog post here, where you can print your own copy! :-)

2. Traci says:

I love watercolors too, but by that I mean I love looking at other people’s watercolor creations. I’m not big on using them myself. As much as I want to get into watercolors, I never love the process! So, I’ll keep admiring yours and others watercolor paintings. :]

3. jenny says:

hi hanna, your watercolor here and the other’s i have seen are gorgeous!! i want to start using watercolors myself, have only dabbled a little with them. i love watercolor pencils and crayons. any tips or suggestions for “how to” go about getting started-besides-starting :) i like how subtle the color can be. also-i spy washi tape from artsyville! got some of that yummy tape myself-love it! thanks for sharing your inspiring posts hanna.

4. Jo says:

I like this page.

5. lauren says:

lovely!

6. Shai Coggins says:

Great page! Watercolours are my first love when it comes to painting. Haven’t used my watercolours much but I’ve now fallen back in love with it. :)

7. Such pretty colors! I like the girl’s serious face.