Like a used paint rag…

Do you ever feel like a old dried up paint rag, laying on the floor – waiting to be thrown away? Discarded. Finished. Used up?

Sometimes I do feel like that, but not today.

I just wondered, because I needed to share this photo with you guys!

Paper cloth
Isn’t this dry paint rag beautiful?

So life can’t be too bad.

That’s what I’m thinking.

This entry was posted in A Creative Life and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Like a used paint rag…

1. jenny says:

oh this IS gorgeous hanna! i can kind of see a face on the right side-in the orange-ish color. thanks for sharing. also, i can’t believe i never saw the facebook link at the bottom on the right! i would have “liked” it a long time ago. i love getting your blog updates in email and now your facebook posts! double the fun and inspiration :)

• iHanna says:

Thank you Jenny, so glad you’re enjoying new (and old) blog posts and sharing your enthusiasm with me – it just makes my heart sing with you. Thank you for doubling my fun too! :-)

2. Michele Rickitt says:

Paint and dye rags, especially if they are paper towel or wet wipes, are great for collaging and making paper-cloth (see Stitch Alchemy by Kelli Perkins).

• iHanna says:

Thanks Michele, I don’t own that book but I sure know about recycling things. I hearts; that! This paint rag is already in my stash of collage papers! Yay, for pretty papers, right? :-)

• Michele Rickitt says:

I love pretty papers. I think you’d like the book. I’ve made some of the paper-fabric using kitchen towel that I’d mopped up procion dyes with, and then glued it to muslin with a 50/50 mix of PVA glue and water. There are pictures on my Pinterest boards. Drop by and have a look.

3. mom says:

Hej. Man kan se något vackert i allt om man bara rätt glasögon på sig. Du har den kunskapen och dom rätta glasögonen, var stolt för det.

4. Melanie K says:

Oh, pretty! I have used old clean up rags in my journal. Recently used one to make my most favorite spread … at least for now, lol.

• iHanna says:

Thanks Melanie, that sounds interesting with the rag inside the journal… I will be sure to use this paper cloth inside my journal (or in a collage) too. Love all those colors!

5. Marcia says:

yes, beautiful! You could wrap that around stretcher blocks or an old canvas and have a new piece of modern art.

Spring is coming……..

• iHanna says:

Thanks Marcia, I love it when you come visit my blog, though I miss your posts as you know. Feels like you and me are old timers in this world. :-) Take care!

6. moster says:

Be proud! You are beautiful and do beautiful things :)

7. ingrid says:

i love this post. :)

• iHanna says:

Thank you sweet one. Sometimes the simplest things are the best, right? In times like this I love my camera and that I can document the transient things in the world – and on my studio desk!

8. Traci says:

Beautiful, indeed–a happy accident, but made by you all the same. Unintentional art. I like it. :]