Eye Candy | Drops of Color

No medicine cures what happiness cannot.
Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez

Letting the colours flow

Drops of color in puddles of water, because they sky is too gray and winter too long.

Watercolour drops

I feel like I need a lot of “just because no reason” right now.

Sometimes we don’t need a reason, even though our brain constantly tries to convince us that we do.

Drops and drips mixes it all

Letting watercolors mix by swirling them into each other? Just because…

A dot, a ring, more water

Because I can.

Almost like marbeling paper

Because I want to.

Water Soluble Crayons

Because I need to. Because colors equals bliss.

What do you need “just because”, right now? Today?

This entry was posted in Draw & doodle and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Eye Candy | Drops of Color

1. Claudia says:

A mug of steaming chai tea, a plate of cookies, a soft wool blanket, and one or more of my 3 cats. Also, my sketchbook and colored pencils.

2. Daire says:

I’ve had a very ‘just because’ day today – a bubble bath, kitty cuddles and hours of cutting pictures out of magazines!

3. Terry Y. says:

Sounds purrrrfect! I need your blog…just because…:)

4. linda says:

Love this idea of not needing a reason if our brain tries to make us think we do… there probably is a reason for everything, but do we need to analyze it all the time :) Haha… happy colors indeed!

5. Nancy says:

I actually have a few reasons today as it’s my best friend AND 3/4 of my cats’ birthday today but she’s 5 states away and they are enjoying their birthday toys and catnip so I’M gonna play with paint.

6. Lay Hoon says:

I am just back from class (yes..sunday class) and it is so dry and hot (35 degree) outside.
    My goodness…

7. Thank you for the bright colors! I love “just because” art projects, because we get to see what our imagination is toying with while we’re fretting over chores. I am currently making a stuffed lion toy, just because I want to see how it turns out! Enjoy your week!

8. Today I needed sunshine (a rare treat at the end of a dreary winter) and played in the dirt for a while. Your colors were the perfect thing to make me smile after coming inside to relax a bit.