Patterns doodles at the Office

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. Plato

Birds from the office (Copyright Hanna Andersson, 2013)

Instead of going into a meeting at work, only equipped with a ball point pen and a notepad, lately I’ve been bringing a black marker with me too. Not for note taking, but for doodles. I, like many others, listen and concentrate much better when I can do something with my hands. And since I can’t bring my knitting (because it is at home most of the time) I bring a good pen. Love bringing a good pen to meetings these days!

Circles in side view by iHanna (Copyright Hanna Andersson, 2013)

Some birds and even bears have been born this way, but most of the time I doodle patterns. I love filling a whole page with repetitive forms. And then sometimes when I come home, if I feel inspired, I color them in.

Mandala Doodle by iHanna (Copyright Hanna Andersson, 2013)
Wonky Mandala Doodles.

Triangle Doodle by iHanna (Copyright Hanna Andersson, 2013)
Triangles.

Office Dot Doodle by iHanna (Copyright Hanna Andersson, 2013)
Office Dot Doodle that I colored in later. I just couldn’t resist those dots.

Or if I forget my black pen I grab a pink highlighter, and create a field of spring flowers:

Pink Field of Flowers Doodle by iHanna (Copyright Hanna Andersson, 2013)

Do you doodle at work too? Or do you do something else to be able to sit still and concentrate better?

This entry was posted in Draw & doodle and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Patterns doodles at the Office

1. pam harris says:

Oh how much fun! I love this post and adore all your doodles!

2. Anna says:

Love that quote! – and yes will be taking up ‘office-doodling’

3. Nancy says:

I bring some colored gel pens and an art journal to the monthly, all-day, education meetings. Most of the day has nothing to do with the Library I work in, so art & doodles keep me from fidgeting in that annoying way I can have…

4. Clare says:

I always doodle when I am in meetings . . . and my desk calendar fill up every month with what I doodle when I am on the phone and most messages I take even get a few swirls and dots. Love the quote.

5. Erica says:

I especially love the circles ^_^

6. Konstigt nog gör jag inte det… Jag lyssnar bättre när jag inte ritar, har svårt att koncentrera mig på något annat då. Fast framför teven kan jag klottra lite. Då behöver jag inte vara så fokuserad :)

7. Andria says:

I love those triangles and circles, Hanna! (That Plato was one smart guy, wasn’t he? ha!)

8. Kim Mailhot says:

I wrote “Doodles are your creativity drooling.” as a comment on a wonderful doodlers post this week. I think it is kind of true !
    When I don’t quite have the time to devote to a full artistic project, doodles give me just the fix I need ! ;)
    Happy Doodling, Amazing One !

9. I doodle at work too but they never look like this! I need to step up my game!!