365 Collages | Week 30 – the Post It Note Edition

Action is no less necessary than thought to the instinctive tendencies of the human frame.
Mahatma Gandhi

Collage: Taking Notes 1
Taking Notes 1

All posts tagged 365 in 2013 - I'm making 365 collages this year! It’s week 30 of my project 365 Collages and I’m still loving every single aspect of this project!

This week though my seven collages are a bit different than before. They’re all made from my stack of notes, collected by the computer. On Post It-notes and other small bits of paper I write down my To Do-lists, my Have Done-lists, books to read, movies to see, words I hear and calculations I make… All of this should go into my planner but right now it’s out of order, so my plan for August is to revitalize my system and make some new sections for all these lists and div notes!

I decided to cut up and use the notes I felt safe to dispense, and use the bits in my collage work. Why not, you know, because the Post it-notes has pretty neon colours! Talk about daily ephemera becoming art… At least I tried to make it look like frame-able art, but I’m not sure if I succeeded? At least these collages are very much me, both in content, handwriting and colour.

Let me know what you think in the comments!

Collage: Taking Notes 2
Taking Notes 2

I’m being very creative with the titles in this series of collages!

Collage: Taking Notes 3
Taking Notes 3

Collage: Taking Notes 4
Taking Notes 4

Collage: Taking Notes 5
Taking Notes 5

Collage: Taking Notes 6
Taking Notes 6

Collage: Taking Notes 7
Taking Notes 7

So, what do you think? Crazy idea, right?

Previous post in the series of 365 Collages in 2013 was Week 29 – black and white again. Next up will be made this week, week 31 and posted next week! Next collage post: Week 31

This entry was posted in Collage and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to 365 Collages | Week 30 – the Post It Note Edition

1. There’s a fine line between crazy and creative! These are definitely creative in material, but your style still shines through. I love that you were able to make a week’s worth of collages from them and yet they all look original and different from each other! More great work.

2. uncustomary says:

Oh my god I LOVE these!

3. Prairie Jill says:

Oh, I love these!! What a great idea.

4. So lovin’ these too!

5. MisskoolAid says:

I love these collages. This is recycling at its best!

Sophie

6. Tina says:

I love this idea because I do the same thing, write bits and pieces of my days on scraps of this and that. When I don’t need them anymore I always feel bad about just throwing them away… now I don’t have to! You didn’t ask for favorites this week, but I like #4 and #7 the best!

7. Caatje says:

These are the coolest so far. I love how you keep exploring the same idea (square collages) in different ways. You must have quite a collection by now!

8. what a fun and successful experiment. Each one is visually interesting, with great composition and I love the idea of taking something commonplace and mundane and making it meaningful and beautiful.

9. Patricia says:

I adore these collages!! Fabulous idea of documenting your “here & now” too! Great colors too!

10. Heather says:

I love this idea! I think these collages look awesome, so much so that I can’t even pick a favourite from among them. I also generate a lot of to-do lists and rough notes like this, and this is a great way to use them up. I never would have thought to use things like this in art, but now I think I’ll have to give it a try!

11. Mary says:

I love, love the additions of notes and doodles into your collages! Not crazy…but crazy good :)
    Mary

How does one pick?! They are yummy with letters. They are pastel lovely. I think my favorite is Taking Notes 4, but that’s only because of Mr. Froggy.