365 Collages | Week 16 | Grandma Edition

A muse can act as the conscious voice for something your subconscious already knows.
Katharine Dunn

Collage: Fika hos mormor (Copyright Hanna Andersson 2013)

I’m calling week 16 of the 365 project Grandma Edition because I think most of these collages have a vintage feel. Together they build a little story, like a memory of childhood, visiting old grandmothers, sitting outside and drinking lemonade, listening to the spring birds (great tits) in the trees and eating home baked cinnamon buns…

The above collage is the first I made in the series, and the first this year that I felt I had to give a Swedish name. It’s called Fika hos mormor; Visiting grandmother (mom’s mom). More about the Swedish word “fika” in the flickr pool FIKA

Feel free to comment below to let me know what you’re up to with your projects this year – and if any of these collages strikes your fancy. Thanks!

Collage: Summer again
Summer again

Collage: Sounds of Above
Sound of Above

Collage: Shall we dance you and me
Shall we dance You and Me?

Collage: She will Bake Something for Us
She will Bake Something for Us

Collage: Slightly Buttered
Slightly Buttered

Collage: Illustration of Love II
Illustration of Love II – could’ve also been called “Odd one out” this week – but it’s related to the first collage of week 13, I’m sure you can see? I find more copies of this heart illustration I might make another one. :-)

Happy World Book Day and Glue it Tuesday everyone!

This is a post in my series 365 Collages in 2013 | Plan Your Own 365 Project | About my Creative Process | Previously: Week 15 | Next: Week 17

This entry was posted in Collage and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to 365 Collages | Week 16 | Grandma Edition

1. Lynn Fisher says:

Summer again is my favorite from thus bunch , although I like them all. I like your use of color to convey a time long ago.
    Lynn

2. Kathleen says:

I love the softer tones of your Grandma series. My favorite is Summer again – simple yet lovely.

(This is my first time commenting but I’ve been following your blog for a long while now so hello!)

3. Kay says:

Oh, I love your collages – and yes, especially the first one. Love the vintage look!!!

I came over from Aimee’s place; I just had to see what Glue It Tuesday is all about. I’m so glad I did!

Peace,
    Kay

4. Gabriele says:

Your cards are awesome! I love them all!!

5. I love your title “Grandma Edition”. My postcards for the swap were very “Grandma Edition”. I love the first one, reminds me of a comforting cup of tea in my aunt’s house.

6. Rinda says:

I love the face peeking out in the first one, and the cute dog in the other one.
    Happy GIT
    Rinda

7. Love your work! And the Grandma Edition makes my heart happy – it feels like a peek back into sweet times.

8. Susie Lafond says:

love these snipppets so much

9. Andria says:

I’ve been hearing the phrase “granny chic” a lot lately, and I think that’s what you’ve captured here! :-)

10. Natasha says:

Of my gosh. The first one I absolutely fell in love with. I love your collages!

11. Heather says:

This might be my favourite week of collages so far – absolutely love all of these! Especially the sweet little birds that appear in the first three collages, and the earthy colours and floral patterns.

12. aimee says:

you have such a way with vintage pieces…. just gorgeous!

13. Tammy says:

Beautiful. Mod. Retro. All fun + refreshing collages! Well done, Hanna!!!