The Moment to Snap

Photography is not like painting. There is a creative fraction of a second when you are taking a picture. Your eye must see a composition or an expression that life itself offers you, and you must know with intuition when to click the camera. That is the moment the photographer is creative. Oop! The Moment! Once you miss it, it is gone forever.
Henri Cartier-Bresson

Snow white tree
Snow trees
The moment to stop and notice: now!

This day was a whole moment like the one Henri describes in the quote above. When a creative person could not resist snapping pictures. When, for once, it was impossible to think “I’ll do it tomorrow instead…”

A magic day

I doubt this spot in the world has ever been or ever again will be – this beautiful. So I jumped out the car and took some pictures, knowing this beauty and magic of frosty snow white trees could not last long.

A magic day

Cold but beautiful

As long as it lasted, it was a beautiful, beautiful day that I am thankful to have lived on.

I know you don’t have a fancy camera like me, or live in such beautiful forest! I’m so sorry for you and understand your envy… But FYI: these photos were taken with my small (pink) Ixus pocketcamera, near our town center! I was standing on a street where lots of cars where passing by, choosing not to include any of the buildings… I hope knowing that will encourage you to capture the moment of nature (where ever you are) and not take away the magic!

XOXOXO

Join me tomorrow, for more photo magic in the spotted photo theme #1!

This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to The Moment to Snap

1. uncustomary says:

Absolutely stunning!

2. Andrea says:

my photos here must have taken on the same day, but I missed the sun.

your photos are breathtaking. It must have been so amazing in real life!

3. tina says:

just gorgeous photography! smashing colors

4. cyndee starr says:

beautiful. now days we are never without a camera handy. love my phone for that reason. but the quote is right, some shots you have to be so quick to get. i tried the other morning to get the frost on some of the ornamental grasses in my back yard but just couldn’t capture what i was seeing.

5. nia says:

so beautiful. Thank you, with my love, nia

6. Laila says:

Great photos Hanna, such days should be work free.

7. sandra dorey says:

Gorgeous photos! Stunning to see the filigree of whitest white against the cobalt blue of the sky. Fabulous! Thank you!

8. sandie says:

Truly beautiful. You are so right – you have to capture that moment or else it is gone. And also to see beyond the buildings and the street of cars…. it is there if you look, just as you have shown here.

9. Rhiannon says:

Oh wow!! Those are such gorgeous photos! My friend is in Germany at the moment and has some similar snow-filled images. Just gorgeous! And refreshing considering I am mind summer here in NZ.

10. Leslie says:

Thanks for sharing these photos. Truly exquisite. I think I can actually smell the snow and the cold crisp air! :)

11. Tricia says:

The one at the top is so, so pretty. Thanks for sharing your day!

12. nicole says:

Stunningly beautiful. So appropriate to look at today–Tu B’shvat–the Jewish holiday celebrating the “birthday of the trees.” Thank you.

you are so right, Hanna! I think the very act of looking can make life better. Driving down the street, looking at something beautiful to you, and not resisting to pull over and get out and take some time with it, even if you don’t have a camera. I love that quote by Cartier-Bresson, and have loved doing more photography lately.

These are amazing photos!

14. Andria says: