Spotted Photo Theme: Smilla the Cat

Introduction to The Spotted Photo Theme 2013, created by iHannaIn the big arm chair

January’s spotted photo theme
around here is my cat Smilla! For you, if you want to join, it’s all about A favorite critter friend! Or if you don’t have a pet it could be photos of a child, a gadget you treat like a pet, outdoor birds seen from your window or something small or totally different – just use your imagination!

New to the prompt “Spotted Photo Theme”? Read the intro post first.

Checking out the view
2006, a few days after moving in.

A photographic theme can be something that we pursue and notice when we’re out and about. Things that inspire us, like floors, doors, or windows. But it can also be us photographing what we want to document at home, like our loved ones and precious moments.

Miss Smilla

I have a gazillion Smilla photos, many I’ve posted on this blog over the years (and even a video featuring her!). She is a much loved cat! She doesn’t live with me in the apartment any more, because I work too much. Now she has more freedom as a happy outdoor cat at my parents place. I get quite sentimental looking at photos of her now. Oh I miss her so. It’s a good thing that I can visit often.

On a ordinary gray day...

Here, in this post, are a few of my favorite photos of her! Maybe now I should start thinking about making that photo book of hers…

A Creative Year - my book
Smilla everywhere, also in my book!

Smilla's quilted blanket

Smillis

Diva cat

Smilla

Cutest ever

Kattvink

Cozy girl

Smilla in freedom

Gäsp!

Sunbathing

Can and chair cat
katten

Self portrait with cat

Is this for me?
I just won't bother making the bed today

PHOTO theme SPOTTED Feel free to join me! I would really really like to see your photos on this theme – if you can spot some! Post a link to your first Spotted photo Theme-post in the comments below. Thanks in advance!

This entry was posted in Cat Love and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Spotted Photo Theme: Smilla the Cat

1. Ingrid {my peacetree} says:

She is such a beautiful cat! Would you please give her a scratch behind the ears for me next time you see her?

2. Sherry says:

Smilla is gorgeous! She reminds me of my 1st cat Honey.

I have 5 pets & so many photos, but I don’t have a blog to post the pics. Maybe I could make a special set on my Flickr, then make a mosaic. I love the idea of looking back at a set of photos on a specific topic.

• iHanna says:

Thanks Sherry! And please post a link to the mosaic if you make one! I’d love to see a compilation of your favorites!

3. MissKoolAid says:

Aww… pretty Smilla… :-)

I will definitely post photos of Diesel and Pearl this week and will come back to let you know.

Sophie

• iHanna says:

Aww, Sophie! Thanks, I look forward to that special post! Are they getting a long together? I’ve heard a second cat can be hard on the older one…

• iHanna says:

Thanks Silvia for joining, and so quick! Love your animal compilation, especially the turtles! Now I wish I’d gone with a critter post too, I have many many photos of other friends; cats, dogs, fish, birds… Maybe I will do another post later on with more on this theme… :-)

Hanna. You know what I’m going to say.

Come on!!!! I can’t stand it.

I am going to the video now.

Smillllaaaaa!!!!!

• iHanna says:

Chris thanks for your comments! Now I reeeeally want a special Scout post! I think you can do it!!! ;-) To get a hover-over-image-text you write, in the link tag, alt=”TITLE here”, if you know html that is… :-)

Nice video to watch while having my breakfast!
    Well, I just don’t think I can do one more join-in right now, but this is a fun ongoing project and I’m loving photography more lately. I hope lots of people will do this!

6. Karen says:

This is so much fun. I posted a few photos of my dog. Now I need to get some pictures of our two new kittens.

7. nia says:

She is so lovely and adorable cat. Blessing and Happiness to you both. Thank you, with my love, nia

8. Tammy says:

Hanna, My daughters and I loved your photos of Smilla! They are happy to know a cat named Smilla in Sweden. Here are my Spotted Photos of Kimba. It’s definitely a fun trip to go through years of photographs looking to SPOT a theme. Thank you for the inspiration.

9. Jana says:

Hej Hanna! Such a sweet cat :) …makes me miss our cat. She stayed in the U.S. when we moved. We didn’t want her to be stressed – she didn’t like being in her crate at all, so we thought making the move would be just terrible for her :(
    But we found her a very nice home and now she even gets along with a dog!!! Never thought that would happen :)

10. deSales says:

What lovely pictures of a lovely cat! I always have trouble taking good pictures of mine.
    Even asleep they will move at the exact moment I push the button…

I love the idea of looking for themes in old photo’s, I am just cleaning out my albums on the computer. ( I never delete on my camera, everything ends up on my computer.)
    Here is mine.

11. Andria says:

Ooh, I love that kitty tummy in the last picture!