There are way too many “must do” and “have to fix” things crammed into the month of December if you ask me. Since it is the last month of the year I think we should calm down a bit and only do fun, creative things that makes us happy. Make your own list of December Joys and Christmas crafts that you want to be sure to include in your month!
These are a few things I love and have tried myself. But remember, in my list of Creative Christmas Ideas everything is optional!
- Celebrate Advent each Sunday by lighting a new candle
- Fill your recipe cards and take note of favorite holiday cookies and food to fix
- Bake Swedish Saffron Buns (my favorites in December)
- Create your own version of Mushroom Land
- Plant or buy Hyacinth bulbs – because they smell like Christmas
- Let the weather and season inspire your creativity
- Bring out the Christmas Angel dolls to play in the snow
- Decorate your windows with twinkling lights (set on timer) to lighten up the December darkness
- Make a wreath in red and green using fabric and recycled sweaters
- Create a visual wish list for yourself, because grown ups should have wish lists too
- If you don’t have a tree you can arrange your ornaments in a bowl
- Make at least one pot of homemade Christmas candy (preferably with chocolate)
- Use some junk mail and decorate your gifts with a curly paper flower
- Do something creative daily during the month of December, there are a lot of December daily Ideas that might inspire you
- Celebrate Saint Lucia – 13th of December
- Plan your gift giving in time if you want to give handmade gifts
- Create a December Journal and fill it with lots of details
- Make your own gift labels using lots of glitter or…
- …make Gift Tags by painting snowmen
- Glitter up a tree or any project!
- Be playful with your gingerbread house creations
- Take the time to make your own Christmas Cards…
- …or send out small gifts via mail to friends and family
- Document the little details of Christmas
- Print and personalize some Red Labels for jars of homemade candy and pressies
- Photograph your wrapped gifts
- Collect Christmas Craft Ideas on a pinterest board for next year
- Dress well and take a photo walk even when (or just because) it’s super cold and frosty, those days are beautiful too
- Use the ephemera of Christmas to fill your Art Journal (save cards, wrapping paper, ribbons, tags, labels)
- Buy handmade gifts when and if you can
- NEW: Draw/doodle wintery images, like snow flake mandalas or santas
- Remember to be grateful for what you have
And remember, even though I love all of these ideas there is no way I would try doing it all every single year. Select a few good ones – and relax a little! Be mindful and take care of yourself.
If you feel like making your own list of Creative Christmas Ideas feel free to borrow my list-button and come back here and let me know where your list is! Thanks!
What craft projects are on your list for the week/month?