Eye Candy: More Slow Art

Book bowl

Today’s post is filled with black and white shades. Quite a change to the pink and green items I normally dive into, but it’s all good! I find myself drawn to black and white (clothes and patterns) a lot lately, so it’s also a reflection of what I find beautiful right now. Also because I had to share a few more photos from my visit to Nationalmuseum and the exhibition Slow Art there. I brought my “big girl camera” and the 50mm-lens. I havet’t brought out the big camera enough this year, so to bring it to the exhibition was super fun. I hope you like them!

Love the paper bowl above, and this glimmering dress made out of shards of glass:

Glass dress

And more very beautiful paper artwork:

Detail of the whole
Paper clipping
Necklace cut from books

This kind of paper art is waaay out of my leage, but since I’m mostly a paper artist I swoon when I see things like these. The time, the patience, the preciseness… Oh my.

Owl feather vase
The “Owl feather bowl” is another favorite, that makes me wish I owned it. But I think I might use the inspiration it gives for some kind of project. Some day.

Silver, oak, ceramics:
Etheral silver
Oak bowl
Slow jumping rabbit

Freeking amazing right?

This entry was posted in Photography and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Eye Candy: More Slow Art

1. Jane Bumar says:

Hi Hanna – I’ve been meaning for ages and ages to write you a note and just say how much I love your blog. I’ve been reading it for a few months now, and I keep meaning to write and tell you that. But, since I mostly do my blog reading from my iPhone, it’s a little harder to leave comments. Anyway, I truly enjoy your embroidery, your paper art, your warm and open way that you write and share. I feel like even though we’ve never met in person, that I have a friend in Sweden! (I’m writing to you from Florida in the USA). Thank you for taking the time to do your posts – they are a little spot of warmth and comfort in the big world. Your true admirer and blogland friend, Jane

2. laurie b says:

i’m sure it was hard not to touch and hold all these beautiful, tactile pieces of art!

3. Tabitha says:

TRULY amazing–WOW! At each photo I was thinking how brilliant the item was. I so love art museums! Extra bit here…I just read a book, The Madonnas of Leningrad, that has the most vivid descriptions of works of art that you feel like you’re there. Thanks for sharing your photos!

4. GORGEOUS! Lovely art…and so inspiring to see the color story together.

5. Caatje says:

Breathtaking, or maybe…breathgiving. I mean…it makes you want to sigh…;-)

Oh, my heavens. I love paper sculpture so much! And it certainly takes some time!

7. aimee says:

I think you could make a spectacular paper bowl! I really do — and I would love to see one Hanna-style! :)

8. sandie says:

Oh my indeed!! I love paper art and these photos are truly amazing. I’d want to read the bowl rather than fill it!

9. Andria says:

The bowl, the glass dress, the papercutting….such amazing work! I love your photos, Hanna!

10. trish says:

As usual I LOVE your photos! The bowl is exquisite! I would love to pin it on my Paper Art board. I don’t think I’ve seen anything like it before. Any more info about it that you can share? I am thinking I will need to attempt one of my own now….and yes it does make me SIGH.