Three Magic trees in the sun

So the first step is to stop, notice, and appreciate what is happening.
Even if this is all we do, it’s revolutionary.
Pema Chödrön

Sunshine ATC

So this is the fabric piece that became one Artist Trading Card; a bright happy sun on a cloudless day. I mentioned it in my last post about painting on fabric. The paint lays the foundation for the rest of the embroidery work, and these threes are what grew out of my ATC pieces this summer:

Fabric ATC Tree
Fabric ATC Tree

Fabric ATC Tree

Magic trees! The last one I’ve already shared when I made it during an Embroidery Evening together with a friend, but I like seeing the three trees together. We were so “into it” that I, as I showed her how I finish a fabric ATC, forgot to sign it with my initials this time.

3 trees - tre träd

I’m not sure this series is finished yet. I could make magic trees in so many different ways… My mind starts spinning when I think about digging through my materials and starting another one… But right now I’m making another sun! I can never have enough sunshine!

This entry was posted in Fabric Art and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Three Magic trees in the sun

1. urshula says:

absolutely gorgeous

2. I am in LOVE with the magic trees! Beautiful!

3. June says:

I love this! I love your magic trees! And I love the whole idea of having an embroidery evening with a friend – a very cool and different kind of ‘girls’ night in.’ Looking forward to seeing more of your magical painting on fabric. Thanks for sharing this, Hanna.

4. Deb Prewitt says:

I love these! What a great way to use your painted fabrics. I usually just get mine out and fondle them occassionally.

5. Laila says:

Hanna, I love your trees! How beautiful they are. Great job I will say.

6. Ingrid says:

Jättefina Hanna!

7. I love the sun! So full of life and joy!
    My favourite tree is the second one: I like how the net and the sequins give it “movement” and the shape of a cloud :)

8. Caatje says:

those trees really are magical! Wonderful work.

9. Kim Mailhot says:

I love your trees ! Magic indeed ! Such love and care and creativity in each one. I could see a whole orchard of them…
    Happy planting, Beautiful Artist girl !

10. Jennifer says:

Oh I just love these, the textures and colors are wonderful! very inspiring.

11. madde says:

Love that the stripes of the fabric shines through, it gives it extra depht. Beautiful.

12. Are you going to sell your magic trees? I want one!

13. Heather says:

Thank you so very much for this, Hanna! I am starting to become more interested in embroidery myself, so I was actually hoping that you would share more of yours. I love trees, so these ATCs are just about perfect. And magic indeed… I love how although they are such simple shapes, they somehow suggest so much. I think the third tree is my favourite, but, really, it is hard to pick a favourite. Oh, and I also love your sun, with its bright and glowing colours…