Mandala drawing #2: snowflakes

Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand – and melting like a snowflake…
Francis Bacon

ihanna_mandala02
These two looks like snowflakes in a way. Melting in my heart. I have lots of pens, but keeping my manadala drawings plain in their complexity.

Because I mentioned I’ve fallen in love with the doodle and draw technique of mandalas, right? And drawing them puts me in the poetry mindset right away. It’s the slowness that does it I think.

They say that every snowflake is different. If that were true, how could the world go on? How could we ever get up off our knees? How could we ever recover from the wonder of it?
Jeanette Winterson

This entry was posted in Draw & doodle and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Mandala drawing #2: snowflakes

1. K Hutchinson says:

Oh my gosh, these are fabulous! I love love love them! I have never tried a mandalas. You inspired me! I did just try Zentangle and love it! I need something relaxing and this looks just like the ticket!

2. Bev says:

These are gorgeous! Love the quotes you have included!

3. Kim Mailhot says:

Loving these simple yet at the same time complexe doodle mandalas. There is definitely meditation involved in their creation. So very good for the Soul.
    Happy Summer hugs to you, Awesome One !

4. K Gustavson says:

Thank you for sharing, I hope you don’t mind (per another post) I’m posting this to my pintrest page. I just love this idea!

5. Julie says:

Your snowflake mandalas are coming along beautifully.

6. Paula says:

I copied that first quote onto a waiting journal page…all prepped and waiting for some magical thing to write…thank you!

7. aimee says:

they are absolutely gorgeous like everything you create!

8. Andria says:

What a fantastic quotation from Francis Bacon! Your mandalas are lovely…I’m happy that you are finding so much pleasure in creating them.

These are so pretty! You have great style. I like the poetry of the mandala shape, and I love using parameters like this quite often when being creative. It seems geometrics and math have so much to do with creativity sometimes…

10. Pingback: Doodle Weaves | stonechat