Time to use these Cute Fabrics

It’s easy to hold our great ideas hostage, or to talk them away into things we’ll do someday, or wanted to do once, but its so much more thrilling to free them and watch them take flight.
Mary Beth Maziarz

Cute Fabrics, photo copyright Hanna Andersson - by iHanna
sewing

I am working on a little sewing project that will become a gift. Schhy, it’s a secret for now. I am creating a mess around me, but the sewing and cutting itself is calming and nice.

I am happy about this project because

• I am using bits from my pretty fabric stash
  • I’ve decided not to save the super cute ribbons in a box any longer
  • I finally feel inclined to make something intended for “someone else” (other than myself or to sell) and that leaves me with a good feeling (I usually don’t give away stuff because I just don’t think most people appreciate less than perfect “handmade”, but right now I will create some gifts anyway)
  • it feels good to create with someone loved in mind while you work

I hope you have a little project too?!

This entry was posted in Fabric & Sewing and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Time to use these Cute Fabrics

1. Jenny says:

I can’t wait to see what you make! That all looks so pretty.

2. linda says:

Great quote and very cute supplies. I too have the problem of keeping things for later or the “perfect” project. I’m trying to clear things out this Spring cleaning season – thanks for sharing. Giving me a little push!

3. I can’t wait to see the finished project! :D

4. Corrine says:

It does feel really good to make something special for someone you care about. Lovely stash, please do show and tell. xox

5. madde says:

One project….i’ve got the embroided-house-project, the bra-project, the naked-ladies-project, the web-page-project, the book-project, the story-project, the…

• sandra dorey says:

naked ladies project? more on this one please – intriguing

• Madde says:

Ive painted naked ladies (on paper, canvas, bowls…), Ive made postcards (now for two years in Hannas Postcard Swap my motif was naked ladies, I did series each year) I have embroided a lot of ATC with naked ladies & now Im making bigger embroiderys with the ladies… Im thinking of doing a lot of them but Ive only done one and a half so far.

6. Kim W says:

I just love sewing from my stash of scraps. It’s so satisfying. Your project already looks lovely!

7. sandra dorey says:

no time for projects (other than knitting expereiments) just can’t stop doodling – and now i’ve found Zentangle!… porject is to get enough doodling done so tha tit is out of my system enough to do something else!

8. Jacqueline says:

Love that saying at the top of the post!

You are so right! Lately I’ve decided to USE the things that I think are ‘too pretty’ to use because I don’t want to run out. And when I put them in gifties it’s so rewarding. Lately I’ve been wanting to make gifties and send them out, and even though it’s slow, it’s very rewarding. I know who will appreciate handmade goods!

10. Pingback: My first Apron | iHanna's Blog