ATC with thread nest

IMG_1655

I’ve embroidered a few Artist Trading Cards this summer. After a while even small pieces becomes quite a body of work. Little experiments. Artist trading cards as sketches. Thoughts that are not yet finished, and still they are finished work. I love that.

The first two I made were these thread collections. The threads are left overs from dying fabric in a class. The tangled thread nest looked to fun to throw away.

Thread collection 1

I’ve stitched these thread nests to the pink dyed fabric, attaching each thread with a few little stitches. And I added some small beads to the second one. Both have been traded IRL, which is extra fun.

This entry was posted in A Creative Life, Embroidery and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to ATC with thread nest

1. Christy says:

Beautiful work. :)

2. What a wonderful idea! This looks beautiful and I would love to recieve this ATC. Thank you for sharing Hanna! love & light Debix

3. i love these! it’s such a wonderful balance of messy and organized.. very nice!

4. stephanie says:

I have MISSED doing things like this. I love to come here and be inspired and “live vicariously” through your creative work :) Men nu tusan blir det andra bullar. Jag skall dra fram mina pyssliga material och art journals. Annars tinar jag bort och försvinner helt !

5. Mary says:

Hi Hanna…came by to say hi and see what you’ve been up to. Love these thread ATCs. What a great idea to use up those little thread. I also love the journal pages below…your pages are always so inspirational.
    Mary

6. Terri Kahrs says:

You’ve elevated simple thread scraps to a new level! Gorgeous! Hugs, Terri xoxo

7. laurie b says:

i love these little thread bundle creations! they are bursting with the potential of becoming.

8. April Cole says:

So creative! These ATC’s are such a treasure… love them :]
    Very clever use of thread.

9. Kerry says:

These are gorgeous! I always figured orts had that name because I ort to be able to figure out a way to use them – thanks for the inspiration!

10. Anny says:

I love thew idea of using “leftover”threadbundles. I think the ATC’s are really nice.

11. Barb says:

Your work is simply beautiful.
    I now have something to teach myself.
    Barb