As soon as I realize that something is vaguely familiar or commonplace, I flip a page and try again… the push being to come up with something beyond what I know. Beyond comfort zones, or at least beyond what I am aware exists already. I try to come up with a little bit of difference. [...]
If you keep pushing beyond what comes to you easily, and tell the mind, “You can do better than that,” it often does. It grows more flexible, and more playful.
Posting a little summery of recent inspirations. I hope you enjoy. If you visit these blogs leave a comment for them and tell them I said hi! :-)
- Stitched self portrait tutorial by Kelli Nina Perkins. I want to try this!
- Prayer flag project – embroidery/fabric art! I like the idea of making these flags, one by one and letting them wave in the wind.
- Levitating self-portraits Natsumi Hayashi’s blog yowayowa is filled with awesome photographs with her jumping and making it look like she is flying of… very fascinating!
- Watercolour tutorial- Carla’s draws a fun bird, and I’m always a fan of her tutorials!
- Print your cell phone photosPrint your phone photos – wouldn’t it be boring if we just kept snapping photos and never actually sharing them off screen?
- Art Journal Video by Tammy. Inspiring, wise and colourful!
- Ideal Bookshelf illustrations a project by Jane Mount where she draws someones favorite books, like a portrait through your reading taste. I love ideas like this!
- Paper towel cards – a tutorial about dyed paper towels, sewing + patchwork
What are you inspired by right now?