As soon as I realize that something is vaguely familiar or commonplace, I flip a page and try again… the push being to come up with something beyond what I know. Beyond comfort zones, or at least beyond what I am aware exists already. I try to come up with a little bit of difference. [...]
If you keep pushing beyond what comes to you easily, and tell the mind, “You can do better than that,” it often does. It grows more flexible, and more playful.
Natalie Uhing *
Posting a little summary of recent inspirations. I hope you enjoy. If you visit these blogs leave a comment for them and tell them I said hi! :-)
- Stitched self portrait tutorial by Kelli Nina Perkins. I want to try this!
- Prayer flag project – embroidery/fabric art! I like the idea of making these flags, one by one and letting them wave in the wind.
- Levitating self-portraits Natsumi Hayashi’s blog yowayowa is filled with awesome photographs with her jumping and making it look like she is flying of… very fascinating!
- Watercolour tutorial – Carla draws a fun bird, and I’m always a fan of her tutorials!
- Print your cell phone photosPrint your phone photos – wouldn’t it be boring if we just kept snapping photos and never actually sharing them off screen?
- Art Journal Video by Tammy. Inspiring, wise and colourful!
- Ideal Bookshelf illustrations a project by Jane Mount where she draws someones favorite books, like a portrait through your reading taste. I love ideas like this!
- Paper towel cards – a tutorial about dyed paper towels, sewing + patchwork
What are you inspired by right now?