Even more embroideried owls

Embroidered Owl ATCs
MY embroidered owl ATC:s!

Here is the rest of the gang. I got a little owl obsessed (or have I always been?) this spring and kept doing these little cuties. I’ve used about the same form and eye size on all of them, but it’s very fascinated how they all are so different and have their own personality, don’t you think?

All of them: owl atc:s

My favorites are the green owls, but I also very much like the applique one because it is a first try for a bigger work that I did for the embroidery exhibition, where we had a little bird theme going. You’ll see that some other later time, when I’ve taken photos of it.

Thanks for all your sweet comments on applique owl and the blue owl! Uršula commented and asked how I do the backing, and a tutorial is coming up, probably next week!

This entry was posted in Embroidery and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Even more embroideried owls

1. Kerstin says:

Vilka jättefina ugglor! Det blir något visst när man upprepar en figur. Personligheten kommer fram.

• iHanna says:

Tack Kerstin, du har rätt. Det är som om de utvecklas och blir mer och mer “egna” ju fler man syr – precis det jag gillar! :-)

2. Caatje says:

Do you trade any of these or are they all spoken for? I would love to trade one of these for my hand drawn girl atc’s, you can find them here. Only the blonde girl has been taken, the rest is still available. You can mail me. If you don’t trade these that’s okay too, they’re still amazing ;-)

• iHanna says:

Caatje, most are already traded, and I’ve only traded embroidery for embroidery – they are a lot of work these ones! And some of them are “keepers”, I kind of fell in love with them and think they need to stay with their mama! ;-) Thanks for asking, maybe we can trade another time when I’m making paper ATC’s again.

3. K Hutchinson says:

Oh my heavens these are all so awesome! Makes me want to pick up embroidery again. My favorite is the one on the top right corner!

4. TJ says:

A whole flock??
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For some reason I’m loving the orange guy, upper right corner best. He looks like the wild party guy owl!
    Looking forward to your tutorial…
    Best wishes from tj

5. Laila says:

How nice these are. No doubt the lower left is my favorite. Amazing all the things you are doing.

6. April Cole says:

Holy smoke!!! There is a whole gang of owls :]
    Love them all, very adorable… nice work!

7. Lisa Call says:

I love these! And I love you’ve made so many of them.

8. Mary says:

Hi Hanna….I love them!!! “A whole flock”….That’s a hoot!!! Looking forward to your tutorial too :)

Oh, that one in the middle on bottom is my favorite!

10. Marit says:

Så flotte ATC-kort med nydelige ugler.

11. Pingback: How-To: Fabric Artist Trading Cards @Craftzine.com blog

12. Dorothee-Maria says:

Ooh, these are too cute!
    I instantly fell in love with them…. ♥…..
    Thank you for sharing this, it does so much inspire me to try this, too.

13. ROBIN says:

I just discovered your blog via the Craft newsletter and it’s amazing!!! I will become your newest follower. Love the owls…….and I’m fascinated with ATC’s. I def need to start a collection! :-) Thanks for the inspiration.

14. Pingback: Reflections + Predictions ~ Kim + Stephen Fraser « Sew,Mama,Sew! Blog