I enjoy the medium of collage because it fuels my intuitive process and expands the boundaries of traditional image making.
/Stephanie Dalton Cowman [via the book Collage]
February Art Collage Thank you for the postcard, by iHanna.
Available in my Etsy Shop now! Sold.
Thanks everyone who participated in the giveaway and asked some really nice questions about journaling, creativity and blogging! I will try to answer a few of them in later posts on this blog.
Today I’ve sent the last emails in the embroidered ATC-swap that I have arranged via FB. When I have written a few more postcards and packed my own ATC:s to sent of on Monday I will be resting from all this swap-business for a while. I want to show you my own finished postcards though (and also the cards my mom created, they are very cute) – so stay tuned. Today I’ve also updated my shop with some original collages like the one above and this one;
A while back I added a page where my Etsy goods show up, a so called “Etsy Mini, did you notice? You can reach it from the top menu, where it says “shop”. I’ve added spiral bound notebooks and three collages today, this is a bit unusual for me but I really love how it came out, almost 3D:
I call this collage “Not here” because I think of it as a hide-and-seek game in lines and grids… The painted wallpaper is a thick paper that makes it a bit dimensional but I’ve also added a bit of a shadow (I love adding shadows!) with one of the gray pitt pens in the manga kit. Isn’t it cool?
Now let’s have some inspirational link love for our Sunday enjoyment…
I am inspired by…
- ♥ Postcarding joy – check out some of the postcard participants here!
- Trish Grantham – super cute illustrations on a collaged surface
- Paste paper – I need to try this!
- Real life journals – inspirational images!
- About morning pages – I’m still writing…
- Helen Dardik patterns – love the flowers!
- Notebook and planner obsession – “kate paper’s” flickr favorites are awesome, I’ve been looking through page after page with pretty paper things!
- Art journal every day – April participant’s list
- Inspiration cycle – inspired by someone who is inspired by someone else who is inspired by…