Last year I started a diy postcard swap here on my blog and it was wildly popular! Because I have promised to do it this year too here we go again! I hope you feel inspired to join us!
You will create ten postcards and then get 10 back from other swappers. Lots of creativity will swirl around in mailboxes around the world, last year about 1500 postcards was created and sent! This is an international swap, everyone is welcome!
Deadline for sending
your 10 handmade postcards is April 8th!
The DIY Postcard Swap Rules
The rules are simple, but please read these rules and follow through on your part if you sign up. You will disappoint a real person if you don’t send your handmade postcards on time.
1. Join the swap by sending me your information by the 18th of March 2011. In the message field of my contact page please state in this order:
- full name,
- postal address including country (!),
- your e-mail address.
Observe: Last sign up day is 18th of March 2011!
- The information sent via the contact page is sent directly to the swap organizer, iHanna, and is not posted online. I will only share your information with the 10 people who will send you your postcards. You are not signed up if you don’t include your postal address AND an email address that works. Do not send a message saying just; “I want to join”. If you don’t hear back from me within two weeks after last sign up date, check your spam folder or contact me again. Thanks.
2. Make 10 handmade postcards any style and be creative. Please, no bought postcards, instead try to be artistic with your cards! DIY = Do It Yourself, you know. You can collage, do mixed media, print your own photos, print digital collages, create flat fabric art, alter an existing postcard from your paper stash (!), paint with watercolors or acrylics, draw a mandala, make a scrapbook style card, embellish, sew, paint, embroider, etc!
3. Document and share what you make! Please feel free to scan or take photos and write about your process on your own blog or share it in the postcard flickr pool! You don’t need to have a blog to sign up, nor do you need to share but it would be nice if you took the time to be supportive in our creative community. Swapping is about being a part this awesome group of people who loves to swap too!
Thanks in advance for your support, visiting other participants, spreading creativity and leaving encouraging comments etc.
4. You will get 10 post addresses via e-mail from me in the beginning of April (not later than the 4th of April), please send your postcards as soon as you can but no later than April 8th! Those are your swap partners and you will send your postcards too these creative people. Connect, share and spread creativity into the world – that?s our slogan! They could be international swap partners or from your country (I live in Sweden).
Send your postcards in an envelope for protection or don’t use envelopes (it?s up to you), write a message on the back, add stamps – and put in a mail box! The postcards you get back will be from 10 other people! Include an email if you want to be contacted/thanked by the receiver (connect with each other!). There is a standard size to postcards in some countries – but there are no rules on the size in the swap. You are free to create what ever you want!
Share the love
Tell your friends! We need at least 10 people to sign up for this to work, but I know you wanna do it! Spread the word; bookmark it on Delicious or share this post via twitter @ihanna, write about the swap in your next blog post or newsletter or even add one of the swap buttons I?ve designed to your sidebar, linking to this post! Thanks for helping out and spreading the word!
It was my goal to set this swap up early this year, but at least before February ended… I didn’t manage to find the time to do that, but better later than never. Finally this post is up. Yay! Also I would love it if you joined my newsletter too, so I can share upcoming iHanna events with you. Thanks!
Now, go make some postcards!