Video | The making and baking of Lucia Buns

tall glass of milk makes perfect

How to bake the Swedish version of saffron buns called lussebulle around here? Get a cup of coffee, and sit back and watch because I just uploaded the saffron bun baking video. There you’ll see how we do it – step by step.

Enjoy!

Download recipe cards here, and get to work. I hope you are having a great Lucia Day and a beautiful December month!

Happy Lucia

This entry was posted in Home Comforts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Video | The making and baking of Lucia Buns

1. Arielle says:

Beautiful video, Hanna! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful holiday baking tradition! Next week I will bake my family’s tradition kuchen (a Lithuanian sweet nut paste filled pastry bread recipe has been passed down for generations.) Since I am living half a world away from my family, I won’t be able to bake it with my Gramma this year, but my husband and I will enjoy the delicious tradition and think happy thoughts of our family. Happy Lucia!

2. Kathryn says:

Yummmm, thanks for sharing! :)

3. Jacklyn says:

Beautiful video!

4. Tammy says:

Oh Hanna, I so enjoyed your video! Especially the rolling of the buns in two different swirls at the same time. I can see your mom has made this many, many times before! Thank you for sharing!

5. Elisabet says:

Thank you Hanna! This is probably the closet I will come to baking lussekatter this year.

6. BarbaraB says:

Lovely video. Thank you for sharing this wonderful tradition!

7. linda says:

Looks totally yummy…wow…

8. Kristina says:

Great video and Thanks to the stars, who were willing to share the recipe and of course their beautiful faces :)

9. Carin says:

Yum, yum, yum! I can smell them from here! Delish!

10. I like saffron buns, because their shape remembers me an S, the initial letter of my name :))
    I can’t say nothing about the taste (I’ve never tasted them), but I promise to try yor recipe soon!

Here in Italy we had a great Lucia day. Do you know that this is an important festivity in the north of Italy, too? Lucia (with her donkey) brings gifts to all good children the night between 12nd and 13rd.
    It’s my favourite day of the year!
    Near my village we had craft fairs, music and theatre on the streets, candy markets…

11. U2kitteh says:

I know I’m late, but Happy Lucia Day! =cD What a neat tradition of the bread baking. Looks SO yummy! I agree, your mom is expert at making them!

Hanna. Hanna!!!

that’s all…

13. nancy says:

Hanna, this is just wonderful! The buns look so delectable. Thank you so much for this and for everything you share with us throughout the years. Your blog is really a treasure and Smilla is a star!
    Happy New Year –