Art is my healthiest habit

Collage 23: Trust this
“Trust this” art collage by iHanna. Day 23 of Art Every Day month November 2010.

Todays card with layers of this and that, mostly beige tissue paper, lots of tissue paper. Even painted tissue paper from before. I always use a glue stick, except when I glue thin papers like these, then I use matte medium of some sort and spread it out with a paint brush. It keeps the bubbles out and the papers from tearing.

The latest cards, day 14-23 shown here:

Art Every Day Month 2010

I miss my art journal a lot, but between trying to have a social life, making next issue of the embroidery magazine and working some I have only had very little time to sit in the studio corner. Though I am up to date with the Art Every Day for a Month project, and that feels good too.

Collage 22: Plan ahead
Plan ahead.

Collage 21: Garden patches
Garden patch.

Collage 20: Rain of thought
Train of thought.

Collage 19: Confused
Confused.

Collage 18: Serendipity
Serendipity.

Collage 17: Elisabet's sister
Elisabeth’s sister.

Collage 16: A  few habits of nutrition
A few habits of nutrition.

Collage 15: Breathing map
Breathing map.

Collage 14: Soothing
Soothing.

The serendipity of my collages always surprise me, but even though I never plan ahead I am almost always happy with the outcome. I loose myself, my train of thought derails but I am not confused. I am calm. It is soothing to make art, it feels like nutrition to the soul, it creates a map of my breath movements. :-)

All collages available for purchase. Let me know if you are interested in framing one of these beauties in your home. Each square collage area measures 13?13 centimeters (5?5″). It will fit perfect in a Ribba frame from IKEA. Also check out my Etsy Shop and the project Art Every Day participants!

This entry was posted in A Creative Life, Collage, Creative habits and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Art is my healthiest habit

1. charlotte says:

Hej Hanna!
    Du ?r som jag – en f?rg ?lskande kollage kreatrix! Kul att jag hittade dig och h?r kommer jag f? stanna ett bra tag f?r du har hur mycket som helst att bjuda p?. Har precis kommit ut ur den kreativa garderoben och famlar i ljuset av efter alla ?r i skuggan men trots att jag vinglar lite g?r jag det med ett barns gl?dje och nyfikenhet.
    Skapandet ?r sj?lva vitsen. Processen lugnar, helar och lyfter. Resultatet ?r en bieffekt. Livet ?r en KONST! V?r story. P? ?terseende D=

2. iHanna says:

Tack Charlotte, f?r fina ord och din kommentar s? att jag nu hittar till dig! Underbart att du b?rjat skapa, det ser h?rligt ut redan p? din blogg, det det blir bara b?ttre/roligare/mer givande ju mer man l?r och ju ?ldre man blir! :-) P? ?terseende hoppas jag!

3. linda says:

Very cool…I love the habit of Art…haha…good habit to have I say!

4. Emma says:

These collage are great. I love the art habit. too!

5. Corvus says:

I like the one with the kidney. :) I need to work on making creativity a habit.

6. iHanna says:

Thanks! Corvus, I thought you had such habit? And its a kidney? Are you kidding, I was thinking it was a lunge… hehe, that is why I named it Breathing map! Hilarious.

7. Herm says:

These are beautiful, what size are they! Art is the best habit to have.

8. Bobbi says:

In “trust this” it’s beautiful the way the handwriting is juxtaposed with the large block letters over on the left:)

9. iHanna says:

Thanks! Herm, the collaged size is 13?13 centimeters (5?5″).

Bobbi, thanks for noticing those details. Makes me giddy.

10. Evelyn says:

What an interesting collection.

11. leah says:

yum, lovely layering! they look great together.

12. laurie b says:

these are positively beautiful!!! i so enjoyed the titles that went with each piece; sometimes words can distract from the visual but these captions only enhance your work.

13. rachel awes says:

love the gentle tissue beauty.
    i hear it’s message crackle dearly.
    xo

14. Ingrid says:

these are so gorgeous.. very dreamy! thanks for the inspiration!

Hi, Hanna
    I really enjoy how you show us each of your works. You’re a very disciplined person!