Big Brown Paper Doodle

It started out like a quick doodle that I wasn’t very happy about, but then I saw it again a few days later and had to add some more colors. Now I like it better, though you can’t see that it is made on brown wrapping paper any more…

I found a new black marker in a drawer. It makes a beautiful thick smooth line and is the perfect doodle instrument. Black is a great outline colour that I often use when I paint. Like I’ve said before, going big is hugely fun, and now I can add XL-doodle to my big list of what I like to do (and want to explore more). It is fun and easy, as most doodling is. Mindless, no pressure.

What comes out comes out, because that is just how it should be. Circles, flowers, or random patterns… You try!

Detail of Brown paper doodle

Inspired by the recent crusade and by Pam Garrison and Alisa Burke (and others) I made my first big doodle on brown paper. More to come in a future near me…

This entry was posted in Draw & doodle and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Big Brown Paper Doodle

1. K Hutchinson says:

This is gorgeous! I love the bright colors with the bold lines!

2. Ingrid says:

i love it! what did you use to fill in the colors?

3. U2kitteh says:

Oh I love this! =c) This looks very different from what I’m used to seeing you doing. You are great at everything. ;) I especially like the little dots everywhere.

I got some brown paper to try going XL but haven’t had the chance to play yet…now I really want to do it! =cD

4. Baye says:

This is beautiful. I love the brilliant colors. I WISH I could do something like this.

5. amy says:

LOVE IT!!!!! So happy, so cheerful and just beautiful! Wonderful creation.

6. Hanna,

I do love this, it does remind me Alisa Burke’s doodles but so different because its yours. I am wondering is this painted or did you use markers? I know you mentioned a black marker but all that color could be both.

Kate

7. charlie says:

Prettiest ever. Just like you cuzz. (19 days until I’m home in good ol’ Sweden!)

8. Lina says:

Hej Hanna,
    Vilken fantastisk teckning! Den sprakar av liv. S? vackert med den oranga (oj, stavar man s?) f?rgen och det gr?na. J?tteh?ftigt!
    H?lsar Lina (B:s kompis J:s flickv?n)

9. xtina says:

hello hanna
    what a wonderful drawing, very lively, and i see the pink and orange combination again. just lovely
    cheers
    xtina

10. ainelivia says:

Beautiful Hanna, so full of eneergy and the colours are wonderful

11. iHanna says:

The colours are a bit of a mix in my brown paper doodle… The blue and orange are acrylics, then there are some markers, pens and also crayons! :-) Just added what ever I found… mixing it up.

12. cyndee says:

i love your painting on the brown paper. it is so unique with the torn edges and wrinkles. very creative.

13. corrine says:

I love working on brown paper too, this is marvelous!

14. linda says:

Brown paper is so magical and diverse…I think the colors really pop, looks so fun! Thanks for sharing…

Okay, this is totally cool! So alive and bright! I like it. I think it would make great fabric.

16. shannon says:

this is just so yummy wonderful!

17. Pingback: iHanna’s Blog » Blog Archive » 49 Creative things You Can Do Today