Mandala – an image of your perspective

Mandala is a concentric diagram having spiritual and ritual significance.
In common use, mandala has become a generic term for any plan, chart or geometric pattern that represents the cosmos metaphysically or symbolically, a microcosm of the Universe from the human perspective.[quote from wikipedia.org]

My mandala is pretty graphic, and very different from what I usually make:
Mandala (copyright Hanna Andersson)
I like it. It’s different and happy. soul journal mandala contest (copyright Hanna Andersson)A mandala is a symbol representing an effort to reunite the self, I read in my favorite book Artists’ Journals. I don’t know how much luck I had with that, but here it is, my first mandala try.

It’s inspired by the mandala post for March at the Soul Journal blog. Soul Journal has lots of great articles for Art Journaling folks. I really enjoyed both the mandala post and some earlier ones, like creating a vision board (on a journal page) and how to identify and create your own power images! So go check out Soul Journal.

Mandala (copyright Hanna Andersson)

* Picture hope – please vote if you are a soul sister.
* International Fake Journal Month – I think I will do this. I feel inspired to.

This entry was posted in A Creative Life, Art journaling and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Mandala – an image of your perspective

1. DinDin says:

Thanks for showing us your wonderful creation and for the link!

2. Deb says:

I love your Mandala, it’s so different from most that I have seen!

3. Maria says:

Titta, som en blandning mellan dig och Anna ? ;)

4. iHanna says:

Thank for your kind comments girls.

Maria, tack f?r l?nken! Den f?rra med pyssliga tatueringar var helt underbar, hur har det g?tt med din tatuering? Sj?lv jag t?nker p? Anna varje g?ng jag ser geek craft om tv-spel p? n?tet t.ex.! :-) Kram!

5. Shell says:

It is Mandala love!! This is the pretties Mandala I ever seen.

6. sema says:

beautiful mandala!so full of color and energy!

7. What a gorgeous mandala you have created! The colors are so vibrant and happy. All of the details hold my attention. As you look at your mandala see yourself as the center. Consider the elements directly around you and then move outward to edges of the page. What do you see? What relationships do you see with your Self and the world around you?

Thank you so much for playing. Your mandala is so unique and I’m sure it will inspire so many.

{soul hugs}
    kathryn

8. Deb G says:

Reminds me of a compass rose too. It’s very beautiful….

9. iHanna says:

Thanks for all your comments.

Kathryn, thanks for you kind words!
    To tell the truth when I look at my mandala I see nothing. I could be that rose, I get that. I’m the middle because I am full of potential and beauty, but radiating from me right now is… nothing. All the spaces around me are still empty in the mandala. They have colors and are pointers, yes, but no words or meaning are (yet) within them. I left them blank on the paper. I guess that should tell me something? Oh yeah, now I see… one of the spaces (cake bites) of my mandala is filled with text… I think that is a pointer I should take. I long to write.

10. Tessa Foris says:

I always love hearing (and seeing) your Perspective!!
    You have the loveliest blog ever, and I’m truly grateful for it and you.

Blessings :)
    , Tess

11. Cathy says:

Love that mandala. Such pretty colours, and as someone commented, happy colours. You have cheered me up no end…lol.

12. Dianne says:

reminds me of a Dresden plate quilt pattern…and that’s a wonderful thing…lovely colors and like the lace…

13. What a unique take on a mandala. I paint, draw, wood burn, and even collage mandalas but I’ve never seen anything like yours. Very cool!

14. leah says:

oh, hanna. you are just bursting with creative goodness! love your mandala!!

15. mwquilt says:

I saw your mandala featured on the Souljournal blog, and just wanted to tell you how much I love it. It seems full of lighteness and encouragement . Thankyou for sharing.

Marina