A row of flowers on a crocheted bowl

In todays post; A few thrifted materials to recycle, crochet, play and hunt with…

Ball of fabric (copyright Hanna Andersson)
If you have a ball of fabric rolled up somewhere…

Crocheted bowl (copyright Hanna Andersson)
…you can crochet up a soft little bowl.

Crocheted bowl (copyright Hanna Andersson)
I thrifted a couple of balls of torn fabric (mattrasor) and made a soft bowl. The flowers comes from a thrifted curtain ring (gardingomtag) and are hand sewn onto the finished bowl. Isn’t it very pretty? I’m very happy with it. Perfect to store pens or crochet needles in.

Bonus use of a ball of fabric;

Is it tasty? (copyright Hanna Andersson)
You can hunt it and play with it…

Yes, I think so! (copyright Hanna Andersson)
…then settle down and gnaw on it. Yummy stuff to eat or crochet with.

love from
/iHanna and Smilla the craft cat

This entry was posted in Crochet and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to A row of flowers on a crocheted bowl

1. Laura says:

That is a super cute bowl! (Not to mention a super cute cat!!!)

Hanna! Look at your precious sweetie!
    I like your bowl. I think it would be perfect for keeping polymer clay beads in. Or doll heads. Or silk flowers for assemblages.

3. I’ve never seen a ball of fabric in my life…..it’s RAD! I’ll totally keep my eyes open for those now!

Hey, Hanna! Congrats to being Michelle Ward’s Street Team winner!

5. Clare says:

Cute pictures – I love crocheting baskets and bowls. My Grandma also used to make rugs out of fabric. Enjoy your day!

6. Flassie says:

I really like your cute container and ball. Cute photos of Smilla too!

Click Flassie and it will take you to a blog entry about
    a book about Swedish Quilts.

God Bless You and Yours and Your Creative Life!!!

7. Ingrid says:

Wow, that bowl is really amazing ~ very professional looking! Was it hard to crochet with such thick material?

I always thought that cats’ relationships with yarn was just a cliche.. until my kitty, Lili, decided to have some fun. The yarn is now hidden in the basement because otherwise we’d be completely trapped in a feline web by now. Teehee! :)

8. karen says:

I love this, it’s beautiful.

9. val says:

ah…..this is just sweetness personified.

10. lovestodream says:

Can’t wait to try this.Thank you so much. I am going to link you as well hugs.

11. Nunt says:

What an adorable bowl and a charming kitty! Her fur is so lustrous and wonderfully orange