My hand moves across the page, and I’m liking my own handwriting. It feels strange to like it now, I’ve disliked it for so long! I want to create sentences that are beautiful, like poetry. but what comes out is mundane daily ephemera. Nobody will remember what we had for dinner, but I will. I’ve written it down. And sometimes I get revelations, about my now and about my past. That’s when it’s exhilarating to write.
I’m in love with journal writing right now, I take it with me everywhere and write when ever I can! I think it has to do with my meditation practice, as I mentioned before. Trying not to think is the best way to release ideas and find new ways to think. A good way to channel thoughts into something useful is to write them down. A journal is always there for you to listen to your thoughts, what ever they are about.
Some links to get you going:
- Three beautiful things – a blog where Clare writes 3 things she is greatfull for every day – and these are some beautiful and inspiring lists! Could you come up with 3 beautiful things today? Right now?
- The Journal Series – articles by Jazz blog about writing (lots of great reading)
- Tips for beginners about journaling, an article by Bridgette Guerzon Mills
- So what is reflecting? – article I like in the blog New Century Notebook (does not update often but has a nice archive)
- How to keep a manifestation journal
- Note to self video – poor man’s therapy? It’s a book by Samara O’Shea who also has written the book For the love of letters! I want to read both. [via sama]
- + Don’t say it at Happiness Project
3 Beautiful Things in my life
1. Hello Kitty Bubble Gum with stickers in the mail from my friend
2. Lavender Chicken and sticky rice for dinner
3. My green Mango armwrist watch with a new clockwork inside
Have a creative day!