Dive in Art – crayon covers & background papers

When I’m inspired, I get excited because I can’t wait to see what I’ll come up with next.
/Dolly Parton

Crayon leftovers

When you rub your wax crayons against something textured you use the long side of the crayons, hence the crayon paper peel here. A pile of junk to scrape into the trash bin for some, but for me no no. No trash only materials and recycling.

First a photo – then a collage using these little pieces of paper.

Voila;

Crayon leftover collage
Crayon leftover collage.

and another one;

Collage Dive in Art
Dive in Art. Both are for sale, e-mail to get details.

Sophie asked me what I did with all the painted papers and wax crayon rubbing and asked to see some of the art I make. Here are some of my recent Daily Art Cards;

080611 080612 080603 080606
Click to view large!

New papers in June
“Creating papers” of my own is a recent discovery for me even though I’ve seen piles of paper similar to mine on other artist’s blogs. I am so in love with making these – and also using them in my collages! I love making marks and combining colors, cutting pieces from my papers and gluing them together! Love love love it!

This entry was posted in Mixed Media and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Dive in Art – crayon covers & background papers

1. sama says:

Really really beautiful! And so inspiring to see what really happens with those papers afterwards.

2. Laura says:

I love it! I love using EVERYTHING but sometimes it looks like leftovers. These do not convey “leftovers” at all!

3. MissKoolAid says:

Another fun idea! I’ll have more fun to play with paints during summer so I’ll try some of your ideas and I’ll re-read the Collage Unleashed book. It’s been 2 years already since I last opened it!
    Thanks for all the inspiration.

*hugs*
    Sophie

4. Nyx says:

Great idea! Love how you pulled it off :D

5. Kimbo says:

Isn’t is great when your artist’s eye sees the possibility of creation and beauty in any thing ? I love how you used you lovely scraps !
    Cheers,
    Kim

6. jennalee says:

I love your collages too. Thanks for the inspiration.

7. Cami says:

I love the collages. Completely gorgeous. Also, is that jar cover in the first photo made of cinnabar? It’s so pretty.

8. iHanna says:

Thanks for all your sweet comments girls!

Cami, the jar is not a jar, it’s a stamp with a rose on, but I agree with you, it’s very pretty! :-)