Sculptural Tree Lamp by a Garden Designer

My wee cousin Charlotta always say
that she is not creative at all, but I know that isn’t true. Not for her and not for most people who claim this. It is just a matter of thinking. She might not knit as I do, but she does a lot of things I don’t that are also highly creative. She cooks, bakes and is great at interior design for example. And she is so much fun to be around!

Tree lamp

Right now she is on her first year on the road to becoming a garden designer and will have the cool title Landscape Architect when she is finished.
lilla lottaLandscape architects make outdoor places more beautiful and useful. They decide where to put flowers, trees, walkways, and other landscape details. They keep sports fields from getting soggy, finds the best place to put roads and buildings and work with environmental scientists to find the best way to conserve or restore natural resources. A diverse and fun job I would guess?

And while in school she is drawing, sketching and walking around in parks identifying plants and flowers. I think it sounds like a fun place to be and I’m jealous of everyone who gets any kind of art education. I wasn’t as arty-crafty when I choose schools so I never went down that road. That’s why I’m experimenting so much on my own.

Tree lampAnyway, I wanted to show you her cool lamp, or at least some blurry photos of this sculptural tree looking lamp my cousin made in school! It looks organic but is made out of paper fixed with hairspray and arms weaved with wire.

I just swoon over it!

Tree lamp

Lights on

Tree lamp

Tree lamp

What do you think?

Isn’t that the work of a creative genius?

Crafting together cousin-with-cousin we’ve also felted easter eggs, painted faces and had great fun in the kitchen last year when we made the gingerbread village! :-)

This entry was posted in Other's Creativity and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Sculptural Tree Lamp by a Garden Designer

1. It is beautiful! Very organic. Your cousin is really talented! *^v^*

2. Jennifer says:

I love it! You can almost see the branches waving in the breeze. Beautiful!

3. Kimbo says:

The lamp is gorgeous ! Such a work of art ! It would make a beautiful statement in a room.
    Nice to hear about your great cousin to cousin relationship too ! Aren’t girlfriends the best ?
    Cheers, Kim

4. Abra says:

That is a really cool lamp. So unique.

5. OMG.

I love that.

I mean, a deep rooted love that will eventually force me to try and make my own piece in attempts to connect that love with a real object but will only be left short when my own lamp doesn’t live up to the sheer beauty of the original.

Really. I love that.

6. MissKoolAid says:

Beautiful lamp. She is talented. Most people are creative. They just don’t know it yet.

7. bridgette says:

Love the lamp! Very cool.

I used to say that about myself too, that I wasn’t a creative person. I said, “yeah I can draw a chair and make it look like a chair, but I am NOT creative”. haha! I really believed it too. So glad that I didn’t listen to that Inner Critic voice that kept me from doing art.

But I agree, being creative is an everday thing. An attitude, a way of life. You don’t have to be a painter or a sculptor, etc. It’s in the perspective of how one views the world.

Love visiting your blog. :)

8. Kemp says:

I think your cousin needs to re-think. She IS creative and I very much like this lamp. I’m sure she could sell it for a good price. But I would keep it, it’s looking great.

9. Tere says:

I think it’s absolutely beautiful! It’s elegant, modern, but has a lovely cozy glow. Really great!

10. chickengirl says:

I agree here. Beautiful lamp…Very talented!!

11. Uh…she says she is not creative? She is deluded…the is HUGELY creative! Beautiful!!!!

12. Flassie says:

Awesome Lamp! She is a very creative person!

God Bless Your’s and Her Creative Lives!!!

13. Laura says:

That is a super rad lamp! Thanks for sharing it with us.

14. Christy says:

Creativity runs in your family apparently! I love her work. :)

15. OK, I know I’m stating the obvious, but that is a really freaking cool lamp!

16. Lisa says:

OMG! Den ?r ju helt undebar! Om hon b?rjar att serietillverka s? har hon en best?llare h?r! Och kreativitet finns i oss alla, de flesta vet bara inte om vilken kraft de innehar.

17. Toni says:

Hi iHanna! That lamp is so charming! I’ve never seen one like it. :)

I’ve changed blog addresses by the way. My new home is at http://wifelysteps.com. I hope you can come visit me sometime!

18. Pingback: iHanna’s Creative Space » Blog Archive » Mosaic Table in blue for a Cozy Garden Corner

How ingenious! it’s whimsical and functional and makes me smile.

20. Erin says:

that is incredibly beautiful. how funny that she doesn’t think of herself as creative!

21. Charlotta says:

Oh my. Thanks everyone for all the beautiful comments! Maybe one day, if everything else fails, I’ll make another one!

And as you all might understand, Hanna is a big inspiration to me when I do (ocationally) try to be creative.

I’m the happiest on earth for having such a source of beautifulness and inspiration in my family.

/Charlotta (the cousin who made the lamp)

22. Dino says:

Seems like beautiful art to me. Glad I stumbled here.