Scottish patterned teddy bears

Skotte A couple of weeks ago I drew a pattern of a little bear, and cut it out in a fabric I got from Mimi. It is inspired by some online teddy bears that I’ve seen that uses thicker wool fabric, I don’t know if I would’ve thought about using a fabric like that otherwise… But not I had this yellow-green fabric laying around, and when I had sketched the teddie I knew it would be cute using this fabric.Skotty

Since then I’ve made a black one from a recycled mans scarf after Gerda made a skirt from that fabric. I really liked the black one, maybe I’ll have to find more dark fabric like this?

I’ve also sewn a couple of more green-yellowish teddy bears and some in a red fabric that I also found in my stash.

Rutig trio

This entry was posted in Crafts, Sewing and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Scottish patterned teddy bears

1. myra says:

They are wonderful Hanna! So adorable!

2. Shell says:

Awww, they’re so cute! I just got a whole heap of old flannel shirts (that pattern) off of my grandmother that I plan to cut up and use in toymaking. The fabric is just nice and soft and perfect for making critters!

These look great – looks as though you’ve been very busy!

3. Those are adorable teddies!

4. Amanda says:

Merry Christmas, have a happy one and a great new year too. Your work is always inspirational and I hope to get into collage one day when I get a moment!

5. lovely! I’ve seen so many cute little toys like this on blogs I’m starting to feel sorry for not having kids to buy them for!!

I’ve added your blog to my blogroll – would you the same if you like mine please? congratulations! I know well it’s not easy to find time for blogging when you have your own business but you blog is so full of great ideas!

6. Jessica says:

adorable! nice work.

7. They are all cute, but the first is my favorite.

8. Sanna says:

Men ????? s? s?ta de ?r!!!!

9. claudia says:

They are gorgeous!!!

10. Sandra says:

I love them all, but the yellow one is my favorite. Great work!
    Merry Christmas Hannah!

11. Alma7 says:

They are so cute!
    What a great idea!

12. Elizabeth says:

Oh, so cute! Love that yellow one.

13. Melly says:

As everyone else has said – these are just TOO cute!!! I love them and they have such character!