What fits into a matchbox?

Inneh?ll till asken – What fits into a matchbox?

– Nothing really I guess, it is so small!

But I couldn’t resist the matchbox swap over at the great site Swap-bot! I had to sign up, and oh, so fun it’s been!

If you haven’t tried swapping over the Internet, this is a great way to start out at. You can trade just about anything, from original art to socks, pictures, candy, ephemera and Artist Trading Cards! It’s like treating yourself with a small present – and for me half the fun this time was to put together the package I sent away!

This is what I sent:

I put stickers, some ribbon and different kinds of beads, since my swap partners stated that she is crafty. I’ve recently found a small package of skull beads in different colours, and I loove these! I fit everything in a small matchbox from Solstickan, wich is a great Swedish symbol of sharing (and great design if you ask me). This matchbox brand has been around for 70 years and each box sold earns money for children and elderly people. On their site they say that during these years they’ve collected 100 million Swedish crowns. I think that is very cool.

My first swap at Swap-bot was the tip-in pages with a Women of influence theme. I only got four pages (out of five), but enjoyed that swap a lot anyway.

This is what I got in the swap this time:

Isn’t it all just lovely?

Matchbox envelope, card, wrapping First I opened the envelope, then the little silk bag, then found all the lilac paper confetti and inside was this cute little wraped match box with the word “joy” on top. And a home drawn cat card! And joy it was, like a Christmas present. It’s really strange that I’m such a child, and I know that, if some of my friends read this, they are now looking at this post and thinking Here she goes again, crazy girl, writing and doing things you just can’t figure out why anybody sane would do. Right? But I hope most of most of my readers are like minded, and “get” this joy…

You just have to see the joy in the small things around you girls!

A match box of joyAnyway, as you can see on the above picture, the content was fun! A bracelet, a yellow finger flashlight, a lady bug, a b/w necklace (which I really like) and green glass fishes to hang from your purse or any zipper! Never seen anything like this, and these are my little treasures.

Joy!

This entry was posted in Mail bliss and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to What fits into a matchbox?

1. maria says:

Var hittade du de d?r d?skalle p?rlorna?

One little puzzle fits in a matchbox, like the one I found on a flea market earlier this autumn!

Nice things!

2. Sandra says:

Oh, very cool swap! I think we are the same kind of “crazy” because I love small things, skull beads, and swaps :o)

3. Hagit says:

Oh, I can understand you so well! :) Swapping is so much fun, and I really loved this matchbox swap. I wish we would have opened a Flickr group, and that way we could have seen all the lovely boxes. Mind you, I think I’m much older than you, so you can imagine what my friends are saying everytime I scream, “I got a package! I got a package!” :-))

4. Annette says:

Oh, what a supercute little swap! Thank you for the link to swap-bot!

5. “You just have to see the joy in the small things around you girls!”

Thank you….i am really really needing to be reminded of that lately. :) Your blog makes me smile.

6. Anna says:

T?ndsticksaskar ?r ju snajsiga till julkalendrar ocks?.. ;) Vad s?ta de d?r katterna var som du sytt! Mjauilicious! :D

7. joleen says:

what a cute idea for a swap!

8. weirdbunny says:

Oh I would have loved to have been part of a matchbox swap, how cool is that!!!!!!

9. cool swap!! and nice box the one you sent!!

10. mela says:

i’m happy to hear that you like the machbox. i had so much fun putting it together. have a nice day :o)

11. Regina says:

I am joining Hagit in the excitement! The small crafty swaps are best on Swap-bot! The box you received is very pretty and I would not have thought to cover our solstickan…they are such a classic!

12. creativechic says:

I found another great way to use matchboxes – mini chest-of-drawers! Try gluing four boxes together, two on the bottom, two on the top. wrap colored paper (be it sparkly, scenic or plain) around the outside of the boxes, hiding the original text. You can paste a colorful rectangle on the end of the drawer (these are the sliding things that open up out of the matchbox casing), or paint it, and stick in paper fasteners for the handles. Once the chest of drawers is dry you stick in your four drawers – and there you have it, a mini chest-of-drawers to put away all your jewelry, beads or other delights!
    And I’m sorry if I didn’t explain it fully, or if it didn’t make sense but its the best I could do ;)

13. Pingback: iHanna’s Blog » Blog Archive » Hosting a swap is fun and timeconsuming