Idea Book: I am allowed to dream

I’ve been allowed to dream the silly dreams of a child once again. I dream of a House of My Own one day…

Dream big, and I mean really really big. I dream about a white staircase that squeaks when I sneak up to my big studio. I dream about a rose garden where I can pick fresh flower for the breakfast table. I dream about buying furniture and recycling them with paint and embellishments. I dream about inviting all of my friends to art parties and sleep over weekends where we bike down to the lake and swim around before we have fresh fruit from the garden…

Shabby chic

I dream now, and the first step in the right direction is to nurture that Dream.

The second step is to start that note book of ideas that I’ve been thinking about for so long. A style file of a home.

Idea Book of a Home

I’m cutting into my stash of home decorating magazines and saving the How to-instructions in a plastic folder and gluing the beautiful interior and exterior pictures into a blank page notebook. A sketch book for ideas of beauty, both all whites and lovely colour explosions.

Idea Book Home

While doing this I notice what kind of images I’m drawn to, which rooms I like but don’t want to save for reference and which I have to cut out and look at over and over again. I notice I’m very drawn to white, but not the minimalistic. I love spots and stripes and flowers, but only in smaller spots or details. I adore vintage and cottage style but see the urban, with metallic and straight lines too bare. I want simple, but warm and cozy.

It is so beautiful in my dream, and invite you to come visit too!

This entry was posted in Home Comforts, Notebook Junkie and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Idea Book: I am allowed to dream

1. maxentia says:

I am there already. Couldn’t we build a whole village?

2. Lina says:

Jag gillade att läsa det här, början. Och fina bilder. Din blog är lite drömlik. Tack!

3. I?m truely on “white” too! Best wishes for your white dream!

4. Lydia says:

Truly beautiful layouts and ideas you have with your collage. You have such an inspiring creative spirit. Your blog posts are so uplifting and real “eye candy” for the soul.

5. oh, such lovely dreams!

6. claudia says:

I totally agree!!! I love your collages, you have lovely taste! I hope you realise your dream and creat such a studio one day!

7. Sara says:

I’m sure those dreams will come true. I love your site. :)

8. louise says:

Thanks for the peek into your sketch book. There are some wonderful interiors there!
    Cheers, LJ

9. Anke says:

Hey, did that for our house we will move in hopefully soon. It’s so much fun!

10. Either I have been to your dreamland or you have been to mine. We have the same dreams. Love your pages too. I even day dream about the art parties and I love the term “Art Party”. I’m gonna have one soon, can you come?

11. Anonymous says:

I for sure want to come and visit! Those pages are beautiful and very inspirational, Hanna!

12. Veronica TM says:

Your dreams are beautiful and this is a step in the right direction indeed! I for sure want to come over!

13. Katrine K says:

Hei! Tilfeldigvis fant jeg siden din, og syns det er masse fint her!
    Har begynt ? gj?re akkurat som deg, klippe ut bilder fra interi?rmagasiner og lime inn de bildene jeg liker i notatb?ker.
    Hilsen Katrine

14. joleen says:

This is all so lovely. I’m a dreamer too! I love your idea book very much. :)

15. Marita says:

Vilka fina dr?mmar du har.

16. gillian says:

Such gorgeous images!!!

17. gracia says:

I could happily live in all of those pages… beautiful interiors.
    see you, gracia

18. mary ann says:

when our house was being built, i made a journal kinda like yours…i still have it (it’s been 3 years!) & i think i might look for it & post it too…i love anything old & cottage-y too!

19. AnnaA says:

H?rligt! Underbara klippbilder…
    S?nt jag borde g?ra ocks?… Men oj, vad jag inte har tid! :)

20. Pingback: il Bloggo » Blog Archive » Shabby chic inspiration