Layers of fabric

I feel a wee bit sorry for my self today. I have back pains and have been eating strong medicine to ease of the pain. The house is a mess and all I want to do is continue to crochet on my rag carpet! Add more layers of fabric yarn to the project.

Fabric yarn

Rag carpet in the making I got these balls of striped fabric Wednesday when Maria and I went thrifting. I have been wanting to weave for about two years, but never found the right place and time. It will come someday I’m sure. But since Li inspired me to crochet with fabric, I wanted to give it a try when I found these balls of fabric.

The wonderfull colours just makes me smile. They are so me.

Sunshine and summer colours: pink, orange, green, yellow!

Start of the rag carpet

More people that is adding layers at Studio Friday today, but please add your comment first. I’d love to hear from you.

This entry was posted in Crochet, Thrifting. Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Layers of fabric

1. Kajin says:

Very nice colors! I hope you feel better soon – back pain is no fun!

2. Amy Artisan says:

The rag carpet is looking great – the colors are so bright & happy! Hope you are feeling better soon!

3. Vanja says:

Fantastic colors and a much easier til make a carpet this way.

I just love your blog!

Greatings from a journalist college from Norway

4. Nita says:

What dazzling colors! The rug is gorgeous.

5. naomi says:

Gorgeous colors! Hanna, I hope you feel better real soon.
    ~naomi~

6. Norah's says:

The rug is going to be beautiful. How lucky you are to find the balls of fabric. Someone’s unfinished project. Will you show us again when it is finished? I think that is a great thing to do while recuperating from back pain.

7. Gabi says:

I agree with you about the colours here, they make me smile too and remind me of summer memories! This will be such a beautiful rug and I cannot wait to see the finished project!
    I hope that your back pains go away, such discomfort is NO FUN especially on the weekend!!
    Feel better!
    ~~Have a great weekend!!~
    Gabi

8. wendy says:

what beautiful colours, hope your feeling better soon.

9. Robin says:

The rug is so bright and cheery! I love it! Hope you are feeling better soon.

10. Nina says:

What a fantastic rug! Those colours are to die for!

11. joleen says:

i hope you feel better soon! back pain is never fun. i really love the rug you’re making. i’ve been wanting to knit or crochet something out of fabric for awhile now… it looks wonderful!

12. Lilli says:

I am so glad to see your rug!!! I am creating a reading nook on our back porch and I need a rug to cover up the ugly grey floor paint. I thought of crocheting one for myself because I have a lot of fabric, but I wasn’t sure if it would look good.

Now that I see how fantastic yours looks, I can try one for myself. I’m glad to be able to choose my own colours. I doubt that Ikea would have exactly what I want

Thanks :)

13. Lalheg says:

Hello

thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I’m hoping that your back pain is easing. Your blog is wonderful – straight into my bloglines! Have you joined the Euro bottle swap then? I hope so.

Love this rag rug – I was looking at an old book that showed yarn balls for rug making only last weekend – how odd!

14. Julia says:

Hanna I hope your backpain will be soon over and I think your such a creative person .These colors are so beautiful :)

15. brooke says:

i love those colors together….have fun..and i hope that you feel better soon…try some herbal tea, like chamomile and lavender…

16. samantha says:

so wonderful – a great idea and the colours are superb.

17. Kimc says:

Those colors are happy, vibrant wonderful. the rug is to die for … .what a happy layered treat! Hope you are better now

18. niki says:

color punch! WOW!
    this would be great in my new room! so bright.. a great wake up for the eyes and tootsies. SUMMER, at your feet!

19. Jo says:

Thanks for making me smile. The rug is great. I love the things you make. Get better soon.

20. Anke says:

Perfect mind lifting colors! Hope your backpain is gone by now.

21. Hulda says:

Nydelige farger! Teppet kommer til ? bli flott!

22. jess says:

Hope you get better soon (I sometimes have back pain – so awful).

I love your rag crochet… it is very inspired!

23. AnnaA says:

Ooooh, hur snyggt som helst! Verkligen fina, glada sommarf?rger! :)

24. angie b. says:

i love the colors! you’re right. they’re perfect for summer…so cheery! :)

25. Debbie says:

This certainly brightened up my day! Love the carpet and I hope you don’t put it on the floor – way too beautiful! And I do hope you are feeling better by the time you read this! I’ve been plagued with back problems so I do “feel” for you! Feel better and keep up the beautiful work!

26. raesha says:

I love the colors in your rug! Very vivid! Thanks for visiting my site (My Love) – have a fabulous day!

27. Marieke says:

I love your craft projects! Like this one and the died yarn… I am going to explore your site some more now.

28. Michelle says:

Hmmm….totally yummy rug! Makes me want a lollipop! I think I MUST make one for myself now! Thank you for the inspiration!!!!

29. Jen says:

those pictures are so inspiring. i love the colors you chose.

30. Barb says:

(gasp!) I absolutely love this.

31. Stacia says:

I love this idea! You’ve just inspired me! I have loads of fabric in my sewing room AND need an outdoor patio rug. A great summer project. Cheers!

32. Snowbear says:

your rug is looking lovely.
    Back pain is gone by now,eh? Fingers crossed–maybe lying on that red blanket?

33. weirdbunny says:

Your rug is just amazing, super colours!!

34. Silvia says:

Hola: Qu? buena idea la de tejer con tela, queda b?rbaro. Tu p?gina es muy linda.
    Besitos.
    Silvia

35. Pingback: il Bloggo » il Bloggo Archive » My rug is finished

36. Nellie says:

this is a georgeus rug and i wish i could do one..what an inspiration you are.i have back troubles every day and i know how you feel…hang in there…i love to crochet and just started to again but my trigger finger and tendunitus are acting up…beautiful rug.