I singed up for Joleens project Vintage Valentine, a chunky book where 40 artists contributed with 40 pages each. Joleen got them all and sorted them out, bound them together with a big fat spiral binding.
This is how I made my page, the first chunky book page ever, or hmm… the 40 first ones!
It was a lot of cutting and gluing, I can tell ya!
The page in it self is not chunky, but when put together with the other participants pages it becomes a chunky book.
2. Printed and cut out the 40 pages.
3. Cut out cardstock and glued the pages to make it thicker. The pages are 4 x 4 inches (very small).
4. Thought the page was to white/clean, so I watercoloured all the backgrounds with red colour, and added some glitter to the frog.
5. Cut out 40 pink tags. I wrote X X X on and stamped an eye to match the theme. Added these tags to each page. Also tried to stamp them with a frog punch that I borrowed from my mother (but it stopped working after about half the tags was punched).
6. Printed 40 labels with my name and contact information on (on pink paper) and cut all of them out, glued them on the backside of each page after I added some favorite wrapping paper to spice the backside up some.
7. Also added a little tuft of golden embroidery yarn with a needle to each page.
I don’t want to see these 40 pages ever again!
I value the Vintage Valentine book with all it’s embellishments and cool pages, and I’m so thankful to all the participants (thank you!). But I’m not doing this again very soon. So I guess I wasn’t hooked, but I’m so glad I tryed it out! I think you should too, but maybe sing up for a smaller amount of pages and plan the details off each page a little better than I did!
- Find out more about Chunky fat books and how to swap them.
- View the Chunky book arts pool at flickr.
Good luck if you decide to try this!