Man is a goal seeking animal. His life only has meaning if he is reaching out and striving for his goals.
I think setting goals is an important way to keep developing in your life. Or just to have a reason to get up in the morning, right? If you have no appointments and no tasks to complete, you are very likely to go to bed at night feeling that you’ve not had a good day. Feeling like you missed out on something just because you filled the day with the everyday choirs we all (have to) do: cleaning, eating, taking a shower, working, TV-watching, surfing, taking out the trash… and so on. At least a lot of my days disappears into this right now, and I ain’t too happy about it…
I also really love all kinds of list writing! Right now I’m thinking about joining the project 101 things to do in 1001 days. But maybe I’ll get to stressed about it, so I’m not sure yet. Do you need time limits for the things you really want to do? Maybe that is exactly what I need…
If you have a goal you get a better focus, both right now and into the future. Something to strive towards to. If you manage to not procrastinate of course. It’s so easy. Check the fun Not-To-Do List and you understand how easy it is to loose the focus you’re trying to obtain! Plus:
Resources for goal setting list makers
- You also have the easy to use 43 Things – asite where you can make a list of things you want to do during your life and find other people who has similar goals.
- And while I’m pondering about my own goals the Crafty Chica has made a tutorial on how to Keep your goal in sight with a collage calendar! Fun. Calendars are fun, like diaries and blogs and all places where you list the days that passes.
- Experts say that those with goals do better! Read this short article on How to Set your Goals!
- I’ve also read a longer article on Setting goals
- And when googling this I found a site called Mindtools which have loads of articles to read, for example the Personal Goal Setting article! Very interesting about the areas you can apply goals in your life. They write:
By knowing precisely what you want to achieve, you know what you have to concentrate on to do it. You also know what is merely a distraction.
- And if you feel you have no time for your personal goals, set up at least 15 minutes just for you… It means a lot, even though it seems like nothing.
What are your goals for 2006?
Now, have to get back to my list of stuff to do today…