Mini book #1

Keri made a Mini book that started with a shopping list, and since all her work inspires me, I wanted to make one myself. She also encourage that on her site.

Front cover of my Mini book

It was really easy and fun, and I enjoyed the process of making my first mini book with collage scraps.

Page 5 - 6

Keri’s instructions:

Make a small book. Start with the cover, taking a drawing or painting or photograph for your visual material. For the words on the first page, use a grocery list from the last time you went to the market. Let that book grow – one thing leading to another – until the last page.

Page 7 - 8

I started mine with a shopping list on the front page, since I didn’t read the instructions before starting the little book but earlier in the summer. But that’s okay. Anyhow is fine. Just do it! ;-)

Page 14 - 15

Keri got this idea from a book which you can read about at her blog from this summer. She has also included it in her great list 100 ideas to be more creative!

Meb has also made a small book!

You can view all my minibook pages at flickr!

This entry was posted in Collage, Paper craft and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Mini book #1

1. tine says:

Oh wow, this is so neat!
    The mini format makes it easier, doesn’t it?!
    Great colors you worked with! Such an inspiration :-)

2. melanee says:

I love the mini book idea. That little book I sent you is such an inspiration to me.; They have them in all colors at this great paper store here in Cambridge, PaperSource. I think they would be nice for little love notes to husbands, boyfriends, lovers on the side :) etc. Today I went antiquing in New Hampshire with my parents, visiting from California. I found a series of Craft books from the 70s (20 books for $17). I will post pages from them and photo copy some pages for you. They are incredible-full of ideas and such good bargains.

3. Kate says:

beautiful and very fun.
    do you have her book? keri’s? email me and let me know. tay?

4. melanie says:

that’s a cool idea… a great way to beat creative block or use up scraps and ephemera.

5. Bea says:

Yours was sooo beautiful and inspiring, I made one, too… :-))

6. Dawn says:

Love your mini book. I’ve been meaning to try one since I saw Keri’s. You’ve given me more motivation.

7. Snowbear says:

Hey, I recognize those coffee stickers!
    :-)
    cool!
    (I guess I’ve missed some of your entries back a few months!)

8. Pingback: Featured blogger: iHanna | iHanna's Blog